failing your course. (1 Viewer)

kpq_sniper017

if u have 12+ units and u fail one subject (i.e. 2 units) + it's the one u don't count, then your uai won't be affected unless that subject happens to be english.

HSC
yeah i knew that bit...just that if i deliberately fail the course, the school or board of studies might have a rule against it...i dunno..

gman03

HSC
Technically nothing will happen because you could choose to do exam of only 10 units (including english) and not do the exam of the other units. It would consider as you "dropped" the subject last minute

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It depends. If for say you received a non-serious attempt for your HSC exam in the course you don't want to count, they can fail your entire HSC.

But seriously....failing a course is pretty hard. Takes effort..

luckyduck

argh

pcx_demolition017 said:
if u have 12+ units and u fail one subject (i.e. 2 units) + it's the one u don't count, then your uai won't be affected unless that subject happens to be english.
what if english is the subject that you are failing like i'm getting 46% average!

and all my other subjects are good except english??

coz it affect it alot?

luckyduck

but is failing english just like failing any other subject??

or does it affects your UAI more than another 2 unit subject?

kpq_sniper017

luckyduck said:
but is failing english just like failing any other subject??

or does it affects your UAI more than another 2 unit subject?
since it MUST count, i guess u could say it has more of an effect on ur uai since it doesn't matter whether u get 0 or 100 - it will count. but if u make a serious attempt at it, u should be fine....as ragerunner said, it's difficult to fail a subject. even the lowest the guys in my year are on ~60% for english adv. (prelim).

craz

HSC
Without English, you risk failing your whole HSC. English is the foremost important followed by 4 other subjects or 5 depending on which one you choose. A 60 mark for English isn't too bad....I got 71 so its not too bad....but its still relatively hard and you really have to know how to write essays.

Auto Wah

Tommy_Lamp said:
im at like 87 for english which isnt awesome but im happy
wow 87 is pretty high considering english counts the most. how the heck did you stuff up your hsc??

kpq_sniper017

does that mean if a person got 95 in yr11, he/she could get 100 in the hsc?....seeing as a lot of people ctually improve their marks in yr12.

boxerk

HSC
What happen if u doing 11 units, say u got 30 % overall mark for ext.1 math and ur 2u physics mark got 20 %, so ... does this mean it take ext1. math mark instead of 2u physics mark ? now we have 9 units... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)