• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

failing (1 Viewer)

Will_2005_

HSC
helloo, im a first year accounting student, my grades last semester were
F, FA, PC, PC
if there similar again this semester can they kick me out? If so, wat are the chances of it happening?

Chris.

HSC
whats FA?

and how did you get two PC's while getting two fails? i wish my uni was more lenient like that.

Will_2005_

HSC
I tried to learn the entire course in a week for four subjects, the first 2 that i studied for i got PC's wit scores of 48 and 49, the third one i failed, the fourth one i didn't even bother attending the exam coz it was a guaranteed fail. I didn't learn from my mistakes either im trying to do the same shit now :S ..yeh im an idiot

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
wow... thats 6k down the drain already..

and another 6k coming right up at this rate,

i think they might suspend you for a year from uni but i'm not definite about this

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
While I'm not an accounting student, I have heard they are very, very strict with the requirements, like the no more than 2 fails, because its an industry thing.

So, if you fail the units again, and it is one of the units that you cant fail twice, Mac will kick you out with no hesitation.

dracover

HSC
if ur gpa is below 1 after a yr they'll kick u out from memory. so i'll try study a bit if i were u.

its not that hard to get it above 1 just pass ur subjects even a pass pc average would push u to 1.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
iwannarock said:
didnt attend the exam?

you're my hero.
lol, can't understand why you'd skip an exam. I mean its not like your going to get less than zero if you go.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, I'd still have sat the exam and stand a chance of passing, and ok, even if it was totally hopeless and you knew you were going to fail, as in the OP's case, you're only wasting another max 3 hours of your life just sitting the exam so you might as well, unless you were working, and I don't see that working during then would be so important unless you were living on your own or something.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Aren't most exams in EFS the passing grade anyway?

I thought you could get like great marks up until the exam, but if you only got 30/60 for that, that's your end mark.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
like someone said they will kick you out if you have gpa less then 1
yours its not there "yet"

and with accounting, most of the subjects you cant fail more then twice otherwise you get kicked out of the accounting degree but not the uni.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
What are PCs and FAs? Sorry. Ignorant USyd student here. Attracted to topic, because I am very likely to have failed 2 subjects this sem.

Will_2005_

HSC
well i guess all i can do is try my best now and hope my gpa is above 1 at the end of the year.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
They don't kick you out after first year if you're GPA is below 1. I can think of a few people after first year like this (not me suprisingly, I'm sure I was close :p) Do not take my word for that, this was back in 05 and policies may have changed. Check EFS regulations/mq website

You're problem is you leave everything to the final week. Uni grades have little to do with intelligence, and more to do with the time and effort you put in. This is why employers look at your grades for the first few jobs you go for - it is a reflection of your effort and work ethic.

Simple solution: Study consistently during the semester and see the difference. If that doesn't work something is majorly wrong, you may not be doing the right course that's suited to you.

My advice: Try your best for this semester. It still can be done. Then I would strongly suggest you speak to an academic adviser of some sort, after this semester/next semester, to analyse what's going wrong and your options. If you continue to struggle like this you're wasting your time and money, so you need to solve this.

Apply for UAC and transfer to a course that truly interests you. Your UAI may still be high enough. /Dr Phil

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah high school cram sessions and ROTE learning don't quite work here, mainly due to 60%+ being already done in assignments in most other faculties, and that your final is a bitch for EFS :)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hrrrm

i think ur wasting ur time at uni right now.. and ur money.... i think u shud change degrees. accounting isn't for everyone.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I also think that the original poster would be the type of person who doesnt really attend any lectures or tutorials and doesnt really do his homework. I reckon if you want to start improving your grades, you could start by attending classes throughout the semester.

dracover

HSC
dimsimmer: haha u describing me =D

about the 1 gpa thing i got the email late last yr about it so it starts this yr therefore there wouldnt be anyone in that boat yet it'll onli be evident start of next yr when theres a reduction in student no. though i think the policy was mainly to encourage those international students with 0.8 gpas it could prove to be a pain for some people.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
AsyLum said:
Yeah high school cram sessions and ROTE learning don't quite work here, mainly due to 60%+ being already done in assignments in most other faculties, and that your final is a bitch for EFS :)
Wait so in other departments the final isn't worth at least 60%? Man that'd make life so much easier.

And i beg to differ on the cram sessions not working :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)