• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fall of Rome notes/study (1 Viewer)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
just wondering how much detail ppl r puttin in their notes/study guides etc. 4 fall of the roman republic option. r most ppl goin by the syllabus or in category's grouped according 2 common hsc questions or what? i have a heap of info 4 this topic and i wasnt all that happy with my past summary of this topic. ne ideas guys?

classics_chic

HSC
I find with Ancient History, especially Rome, that dividing the work between economic, social, political and religious factors really helps. Most people only look at the military and looking at the others really gives you an edge against them. Also remember to work according to the syllabus.

Good luck!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I would say, socio-political factors, ie the "triumvirate" and the first official triumvirate of the gracchi, the fall of carthage, sulla marching an army on rome, significance of scipio aemilianus', marius', and perhaps pompey's military rise, and the ramifications that multiple consulships, commands, etc, had on the changing face of roman socio-military hierachy, would be the most important, but thats just me :)

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
angelduck said:
umm, have u seen mine?

Its kinda under ppl, triumvirates, past questions, has terminology, ummmm, yeah

hey.. i cant find uer thingy??
is it on this site??
in resources??
am so lost@!!@

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
classics_chic said:
I find with Ancient History, especially Rome, that dividing the work between economic, social, political and religious factors really helps. Most people only look at the military and looking at the others really gives you an edge against them. Also remember to work according to the syllabus.

Good luck!
thanx dude.
::intones mantra:: remember to look at the syllabus. remember to look at the syllabus. remember to drop arsenic in harpy's coff...GAH! NO! (well, actually, is quite good idea, but...). remember to look at the syllabus...

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
angelduck said:
reni, and i was half thinkin the definition of an idiot was me
yes, well, duck rhymes with cluck and duck do not cluck therefore, by mathematical induction, i have proved that u obviously do belong there... shall add 'and ducks' on2 end. mortified 2 have caused offence. monumental gaff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)