Family law (1 Viewer)

speed_bump

invalid
"Assess the extent to which the legal system responds to the needs of married and defacto spouses"

Anyone with any ideas what i could include in a answer??

Littlelease

Hmm

Introduction: definitions of married and defacto relationships then say that the legal system has reasonably been effective

Body: Talk about the family law act 1975 and the family court in dealing with the dissolution of marriage, property (increased responsibility- aka women's independance), spousal maintence payments
then defacto stuffs like the rights they have accumulated and how they are recognised as a family

then argue how crap the gov has been in issues such as customary marriages of ATIS but say they have been suppppper good in stuffs like reforms under the family law act -> irretrivable breakdown of marriage stuffs

then i'd argue some bad stuffs about defacto relationships like how there are guidelines eg two years living together cause society is shifting to a new level..... or suffin

then say its good stuffs like how they are consider children and agreements and stuffs

then conclude that overall the legal system is pretty good :p

*confused but anyway :) i've got my legal trial tomorrow

narrator

HSC
N/A
a good contemporary issue is same-sex couples - the debate over whether they should be classed as married or defacto

piggybacking on Littlelease's idea of intro - grounds for marriage:
- man/woman both over 18 OR family permission OR court order
- legal marriage celebrant
- two witnesses over 18
- married only to one person at one time (no bigamy/polygamy)
- bans (30 day notice)

hope it helps

HSC
I don't understand why schools are asking these types of questions for optional studies. The HSC asks much broader questions...
but, the needs arise in the areas of:
*child care
*spousal/child maintenance
*domestic violence
*inheritence
*recognition
*rights of all

- you should also include what creates the need for law reform, and the areas in which it is recommended ... all the information on those topics will be available in your text book ;o

Last edited:

adamj

Remember that the HSC picks a broad area and asks you to focus on issue of your choice usually.

meh

try turning that into a question: how does the law respond to the needs...?? and asess whether the responses actualy help achieve the needs

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah the HSC will not ask something specific like that. You can almost go in there with a prepared answer. It will either by about how the law reflects culture, values and ethics, or how effective it is in addressing problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)