Family/Psychological (1 Viewer)

allGenreGamer

I don't understand this, when someone mentions the psychological reading, why does he/she always relate it to the family interpretation? Are they the same thing? I thought psychoanalytical interpretation is about the study the character motives, behaviour and development, while the family interpretation is about something else :)? Please untie the knot in my head :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i don't see them as the same thing either. i could be wrong as i don't have a good idea of what the psychological one is. but family exaggerates the aspects to do with the family

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
im imagining that a psychological reading is the same thing as a psychoanalytical reading. if so, then its Freudian. a freudian reading classes the three sisters as diferent elements of Lear's psyche. Gonerill becomes the 'mother' figure, Regan becomes the 'lover' figure and Cordelia becomes the 'death goddess' figure. im not sure why many productions choose to link 2gether the idea of frued and family, but they do! if u watch Richard's Eyre's version u'll be able 2 see the freud interpretation really clearly coming through even though he says he concentrated on family.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)