Faraday (1 Viewer)

Haku

i am confused as to weather i need to learn faraday's first law of electolysis. the sylabus point say describe the work of galvani...faraday.

conquering chem does talk about FFLE in a section in the topic, while Maquarie study guide don;t, so do we learn it.

Abtari

HSC
nosadness said:
i am confused as to weather i need to learn faraday's first law of electolysis. the sylabus point say describe the work of galvani...faraday.

conquering chem does talk about FFLE in a section in the topic, while Maquarie study guide don;t, so do we learn it.

you dont actually need to learn the rules per se. just know what faraday did, not his laws..

Haku

in my trial i had a question "discribe the work of faraday", its two marks

so i wrote he furthered Davy's work in using electrolysis in producing more pure elements like potassium and such. He also calculated the relationship through voltage and rate of electrolysis through experimental data. further he also developed laws of electrolysis which is still relevant today.

i got no marks, what else could i write on?

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Man you got stooged, I would ask to see the criteria for that

Haku

so you believe that i should of gotten the marks right?

man i really feel i being cheated

HSC
you should know the general feel of his first law of electrolysis - that the mass of a substance formed, or the volume of gas formed at an electrode is directly proportional to the amount of current passing through the circuit. if you write that, the examiners will be impressed, coz its not really on the syllabus, but it is, and it shows further research, etc and all that crap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)