• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Fast Food Training (1 Viewer)

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
Has anybody worked at a place like McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks...

How long does training go for and what does it entail? I mean, how many hours before they expect you to do it by yourself?

G

Gavvvvvin

I work at KFC and there is no training. You get thrown out the back with one of the more 'expierienced' workers, who may or may not tell you what to do.

elisabeth

HSC
Yeah, I worked at Oporto and the first shift I was shown how to do chips and use the registers, the next few ones you go solo but there's someone nearby if you have questions. You'll learn quickly. I didn't get much professional training, in that there was no mention of OHS or out the back stuff. Make sure they teach you that.

Skeeta

HSC
I worked at maccas, there were 3 "training shifts" the first was an induction (they hired a whole bunch of ppl at one time so they threw us together to meet each other and watch a video about OHS)

another shift was another video about how to make fries, and they they had you makin fries for the next few hours

Then they put you on a register with another person in the third shift, you got the food for them whilst watchin how the register worked, then they gave you a go and got the food, and hten you were on your own, but there was an extra person rostered on to help out if there were any probs

HSC
I worked at Hungry Jacks (the worst 8 months of my life) until i got another job. The training consisted of watching lame ass american training videos and being put with someone more experienced for a few shifts until you got the hang of cooking etc. Fast food isnt rocket science, as indicated by the fact that no institution runs Bachelor of Fast Food (Burger Construction) !!! Its alright, depends what company and the people !

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
godofthunder, tell me more about working at Hungry Jacks. I work there now and am finding it in some ways awful (a few of the people I work with are bossy, bitchy and worst of all, my age and at the same level as me and the pay is CRAP).

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
how much is the pay at hungrys for a 17 year old?

HSC
godofthunder said:
I worked at Hungry Jacks (the worst 8 months of my life) until i got another job. The training consisted of watching lame ass american training videos and being put with someone more experienced for a few shifts until you got the hang of cooking etc. Fast food isnt rocket science, as indicated by the fact that no institution runs Bachelor of Fast Food (Burger Construction) !!! Its alright, depends what company and the people !
though there is a hamburger university in america :uhhuh:
bachelor of hamburgerology.
some guy had graduated with the PhD with his thesis "would you like fries with that?"

no joke.

HSC
Paywise - i was on an AWA under the guise that i was doing some bullshit retail operations certificate. This basically meant that Hungry Jacks got to pay me less, and got money for the government for helping to train the youth of Australia. AWA's suck, they rip you off if you are younger or unskilled.

I had a few of my friends who worked with me, so it made going there a bit more easier. I hated it because you had a bunch of drop-kick managers who were losers going on a power trip because they were in charge of 15 and 16 year old kids. You have to start somewhere in life, and in most cases it is as a sh*t kicker. Use it as a starting point to look for a better job or something else you want to do. Once you get your foot in the door, your are more employable and will get better work. I now work at Kmart and that is very cool, but will be leaving soon to take up an accountancy cadetship.

Hope that helps, i know what you mean!!!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
though there is a hamburger university in america :uhhuh:
bachelor of hamburgerology.
some guy had graduated with the PhD with his thesis "would you like fries with that?"

no joke.
We have that here too. It's called an arts degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)