• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

favor (1 Viewer)

budstings

HSC
N/A
i need motivations for my students in intermediate algebra class, any piece of motivation from friends:teacher:

wendus

krawr.
HSC
that WAS friendly!
well you can try other rewards. i'm sure a reward system would get them going.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hello, it appears that you are a teacher.

It's really hard to motivate students if they are the type of kids who cruise through the class without doing anything.

But the way my teachers motivate students is to relate the topic to the students. I know that it is very difficult to do so given the nature of the subject and the nature of the kids who are not enthusiastic about the subject.

Another way to motivate kids would be to do some fun activities involving maths such as quiz or other fun activities. Give some fun tasks to do. If you cannot spare time for such activities, give them as assignments where they can do some research and do speech and stuff like that. My maths teacher once made an assignment where we had to calculate the probability of finding M&Ms of particular colour and do our speech related to that. It was quite fun. And we got to eat some M&Ms when she gave out chocolates for each of us.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hello, it appears that you are a teacher.

It's really hard to motivate students if they are the type of kids who cruise through the class without doing anything.

But the way my teachers motivate students is to relate the topic to the students. I know that it is very difficult to do so given the nature of the subject and the nature of the kids who are not enthusiastic about the subject.

Another way to motivate kids would be to do some fun activities involving maths such as quiz or other fun activities. Give some fun tasks to do. If you cannot spare time for such activities, give them as assignments where they can do some research and do speech and stuff like that. My maths teacher once made an assignment where we had to calculate the probability of finding M&Ms of particular colour and do our speech related to that. It was quite fun. And we got to eat some M&Ms when she gave out chocolates for each of us.
quizzes are good they made sure we didnt forget something straight away that what we learnt yesterday

me121

Premium Member
HSC
budstings said:
i need motivations for my students in intermediate algebra class, any piece of motivation from friends:teacher:
show them so cool maths problems that need algebra, (or are easier with algebra).. eg.. ask them to give you some coordinates of points on a sphere given the equation (don't give the rearranged formula)...

HSC
well, if you were a female teacher, you could say something along the lines of: "if you come first in this class, i'll show you my boobs". That would have helped me pass french. i would've loved to see ms bird's boobs.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
^ i've heard that actually works in boys schools...

and hey hey you're un-banned ! :)

HSC
wendus said:
^ i've heard that actually works in boys schools...

and hey hey you're un-banned ! :)
yep yep, i'm unbanned!!! it's nice to see you again!

and that technique would definitely work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)