• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feasibilty Study (1 Viewer)

Tahu

Hey all,

For my major project one of the requirements is a feasibilty Study. Could someone please explain what this is to me. Any help appreciated. :)

Rahul

Dead Member
big idea is to check whether the project is worth doing/ is it possible/ wat r the constraints. its divided up into 4 areas, operational, scheduling, techinical and budgetry

the texts explain each of them in detail, but here is a SHORT summary:l
OPERATIONAL: whether the user will b able to operate the software or not.
SCHEDULING: what kind of deadlines are involved, in ur case it will b ur due date. also maybe a testing due date to test ur product and leaving enuff time to do changes.
TECHNICAL: whether u, the developer has enuff skills to implement a product
BUDGETRY: any sort of costs that may be associated with ur proect. for u it should be none really:D

i am sure there is other stuff for each. best to check ur text.

are u in year 11 or 12?

Tahu

Im in year 11. What text is the recommended for year 11 SDD?

Rahul

Dead Member
thought so :)

try to stay clear of fowler's text. its not a great book. i think u will find the sam davis one better, having heard that from most ppl on the forums.

if u want a tip to do well in sdd next year. get the excel sdd book now and start reading it. it will defintely have links with the stuff u do in prelim. of course u will have to learn the prelim stuff. but u can learn some of the content of sdd by repetition:)

u r starting yr 12at the end of the term rite? then u should get a start on the excel book. i highly recommend it. it will give u a feel for the course. u might even want to get the hsc text and start reading that. only if u want to do well :D

Kn1ght_M4r3

Stay away from the Carole Wilson ones. Lots and lots of mistakes in that one. Some of the things they describe don't make sense =0P i like excel one and i also use Fatmuscles notes along with it.
Rahul is right its best to start early. i regret not reading the excel book as soon as i got it. :rolleyes: c0z iM lazy lol.
just stay away fr0m Carole Wislon :chainsaw:

haz_it_all

i think the best textbook for sdd is the Excel one.....its got everythin u need in it but not that many algorithms but u can find heaps of websites on how to write algo's

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
you forgot Social and Ethical Issues included in the feasiblity study...

- What affects will my project have on society?
- Will it require mass training?
- Any copyright or patent restrictions (such as using fats of texts)

Tahu

Thanks everyone.

Just a side note - is the Heineman series of texts any good?

del

HSC
N/A
in year 11 the fowler book is okay.... in year 12 use davis' book.

Kn1ght_M4r3

i think i g0t the CD for the Sam E davis book. pretty sure its his one. ehehhe its got the text book stuff in it i think haven't checked it out that much just got it from the teacher. Told him i needed it to check some answers and stuff and he gave it too meeh. :D

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I'd watch out... Sam Davis lurks these forums...

You should read the section about Social and Ethical Issues...

Kn1ght_M4r3

oh wait its actually n0t Davis one. :eek:Itz Carole wilsons answers we have it at our skool and u g0tta ask teacher for it, but old teacher never let [she got questions from book] but new teacher is a st0oge s0 we can get the CD and use it in the library. :) was using it this arv0 and n0ticed its n0t davis yeaah heheeh don't think our skool has it but we have his text book only one copy but [teacher uses it]

bleh s0o n0tin t0o worry about. :D Though thanx f0r the conCern

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
combine sam davis's with the excel one - and you have a heap of useful stuff. lots of different examples of scenarios. But i think (and if you are lurking) there was an error in the binary chapter somewhere... i cant remember where.

but the questions are often a little beyond what you need in the davis one. like - the last couple in each chapter test thing are just stupid.

Kn1ght_M4r3

hey rahuL s0rry if im wrong or anything just maken sure in case i get it wrong in my exam hehe

technical feasibility - isn't it also what hardware and software being used. Then the analyst must determine whether the h/w and s/w will be appropriate for building the solution. if it can be then its technically feasible

:confused: :confused:

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Kn1ght_M4r3
hey rahuL s0rry if im wrong or anything just maken sure in case i get it wrong in my exam hehe
i was talkin about u saying making copies of sam d's answers. then u found at that he comes on the forums, then all of a sudden u had carole wilsons answers ;)......heheh j/k man.

umm....i'm pretty sure ur right abt technical feasibility. i'll have a look.....yep ur right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)