• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Feature articles (1 Viewer)

freemano

Does anyone have any clue on techniques or strategies on how to write a feature artticle.. any help will be of great use to me? i am stumped... PLZZ:confused:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Features of a feature article:

Heading-- which could be a Pun or a rhetorical Question, or anything eye catchy
Divide the page into two columns...as feature articles are written in two columns.
Feature article consists of a by line. I don't exactly know the definition of a by line--but it really gives some idea of what the article is about. E.g. "As time passes concerns for parents increase as they ask themselves "Are they consolidating their kids' future?'' writes Peteness.

Feature article consists of colloquial language...and has such things as statistics.
It consists of a visual. To insert a visual i'd recommend make a box and write about the pic u would like to be there to illustrate your point.

-Get professionals to quote.

Get this book called Success in Standard (or Advanced) English.
It goes thru all sorts of writing exercises e.g. Interviews, Brochure, Newspaper report etc and stuff like that.

Hope this helps :)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
With a feature article you have got to create your own voice adn bring in your own opionion. It doesn't have to be objective - but don't go over on biased

freemano

Thanks so much for replyin it was my first msg.. do any of u have any idea on the text wind in the willows? or know of any websites?? lol thanks

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freemano
Thanks so much for replyin it was my first msg.. do any of u have any idea on the text wind in the willows? or know of any websites?? lol thanks
No, sorry.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Wind in the Willows - mmm it focus's on attitudes towards the journey rather then the actual journey itself.

The three different characters represent the three differnt approahes to a journey
- Rat is the conservative doesn't want to change surroundings
- Toad is excentric, wants change
- Mole represents the indesisive

there's various symoblism within the text - the caravan for one

anything else that you want to know if specific???

Beats

HSC
About the feature article thing - my teacher's mentioned that although incorporating all the text type features is important, what is also important is that you get the content stuff in such as techniques and how these make meaning for the responder etc in as well. Even if your feature article is really professional and realistic, you'll miss out on marks if the analysis of texts and stuff is missing.

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
yeah in the HSC they can ask u to write a feature article in 3rd Section of Paper one...where u would need to TWIST the ESSAY you are doing for AOS into feature article format...by adding the features of a feature article.

erica

HSC
At school the one of the most important things is to get the tone of the article right, so that it actually sounds like a feature article. that can seriously lose or gain you like 4 marks if its done bad or good.

perfectionist

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by erica
At school the one of the most important things is to get the tone of the article right, so that it actually sounds like a feature article. that can seriously lose or gain you like 4 marks if its done bad or good.

yeah u need to make sure that u are not sounding like u have memorised the essay...and it is a major factor as u may lose marks!! it's easy to lose marks cos of the time pressure!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)