• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

fees for summer session (1 Viewer)

jubs_

HSC
G'Day,

I'm thinking about enrolling into some general units for the summer session http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/enrolments/summersession/general
but i was just wondering if the student contribution rate is higher than in normal sessions (autumn and spring) as a couple of friends from other unis have said that they have to pay more during the summer... i wonder if it's the same at UWS?

And just 'cause we're on the subject of it, about the law subjects.... are the fees to be paid upfront?

Please feel free to shed some light if you actually know. It'll be much appreciated~Thanks!

klh

HSC
well fom that site, it gives you the link to the student contributions [i.e. fees you pay]
if you scrolled down http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/fees/sc/scba and it also says you can defer your fees to the ATO via TFN [HECS-HELP], so UWS' summer school is not like other summer schools where it is full fee. It might be best to ask the student centre to clarify what summer school is like as I have never done them.

Since it is technically not part of any course [this is at other unis] you have to apply fo credit, I dont know if this is the case here at UWS so ask abotu that too.

nik12

HSC
N/A
Well, i don't think that any subjects you do in summer session are useless... but the only thing is that you actually have to study them as non-award units in summer session (even if you are an enrolled student at UWS normally) which means that you have to pay the fees up-front ( i think they are the same an normal fee rates) and then after you get your results you have to apply to have the credits transferred as it is not automatically done.

I'm doing summer school too and i want to find out if there is anyway that the fees can be deffered.

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
hey I have just enrolled in a law unit for the summer session, and my acceptance letter said:

"The undergraduate law units were advertised as being offered on a non
award basis however, this has now changed and they are being offered as
award units
. This means that the unit/s you have nominated will be
added to your current award course.

This also means that you will have the following payment options when
you receive your invoice:

* Pay the student contribution rate by the due date to receive a
20% discount on the amount owed; or
* If you are eligible, defer your fees to the Australian Tax
Office (ATO) by providing your Tax File Number (TFN) . If you have not
provided your TFN and wish to, you must do this online through MySR by

the Census date for Summer Session, 26 January 2007.

If you wish to withdraw from the units you have enrolled in you will
need to email and request to be withdrawn from the unit/s, prior to the
above census date, to avoid incurring any debt for these units.

Regards

Enrolments and Student Finance"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)