• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Female Tennis Stars with decent rack? (1 Viewer)

aj_number_10

HSC
Can anyone name any? I cant really think of any? I Guess Serena Williams...? Anyone else?

mattyg87

HSC
umm i cant really say any player's rack stands out lol. but alicia molik has nice legs, and i like sharapova

kirabolton

HSC
ok i know the whole 'if you don't like it don't read it' theory, but honestly i could not help but reply to this. How incredibly degrading do you want to be? You can write up threads on how talented athletes are and then you start a post of women tennis players racks! It might seem small but its just crude and ...argh...it's sick! Who cares if you think it but don't make a post about it where the whole bloody world can see you're disgusting sexist views. It's not as if we girls go around and say 'yo, did you see the package on that sprinter go up and down and all around?'

where did the gentlemen go? obviously not here.

kirabolton

HSC
...acutally you know what...females are just as bad, guys are just more blunt about it.

HSC
kirabolton said:
ok i know the whole 'if you don't like it don't read it' theory, but honestly i could not help but reply to this. How incredibly degrading do you want to be? You can write up threads on how talented athletes are and then you start a post of women tennis players racks! It might seem small but its just crude and ...argh...it's sick! Who cares if you think it but don't make a post about it where the whole bloody world can see you're disgusting sexist views. It's not as if we girls go around and say 'yo, did you see the package on that sprinter go up and down and all around?'

They should be happy, it's the only thing girls tennis - read "any female sport" - has got going for it. Kournikova was the samrtest of them all, put in some mediocre performances then bugger off and model. She'll make far more money and far less of an embaressment for girls tennis in general.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
Tender_Branson said:
They should be happy, it's the only thing girls tennis - read "any female sport" - has got going for it. Kournikova was the samrtest of them all, put in some mediocre performances then bugger off and model. She'll make far more money and far less of an embaressment for girls tennis in general.
This is where the argument about equal tournament winnings gets interwoven.
Personally, I support the traditional view.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
its very simple - any sport that treats women and men equally is successful, so kira if you want to bag us pig chauvanist sexist males, do it in when the rugby league season starts because tennis is a sport which respects and honours women* and the 'sex appeal' side of it extends to the men. girls around the country drool at safin and roddick's 'flex appeal', yet i see no males complaining.

*aside from the models used as ball-girls in spain a few months back of course

kirabolton

HSC
oh whatever! i know females do it to but stop making a scene just because you're trying to ease you're conscious into thinking what you're doing is alright. it's just degrading and maybe some people don't mind it but i bet there are those that do. And sport shouldn't be about sex appeal, aspects of it are but i just think you can never call something a really great sport when the main appeal in it is the hot people. Look at cricket! Sure, maybe people just go there to start fights and get pissed but cricket is a real sport because lots of different people actually care about the game!

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
blackfriday said:
you mentioned williams...i thought this was FEMALE tennis players...

wow , sorry to deviate here

but i do not like the appearance of the chick in your avatar

Last edited:
HSC
kirabolton said:

kirabolton said:
oh whatever! i know females do it to but stop making a scene just because you're trying to ease you're conscious into thinking what you're doing is alright. it's just degrading and maybe some people don't mind it but i bet there are those that do. And sport shouldn't be about sex appeal, aspects of it are but i just think you can never call something a really great sport when the main appeal in it is the hot people. Look at cricket! Sure, maybe people just go there to start fights and get pissed but cricket is a real sport because lots of different people actually care about the game!
Please don't post anything again. Ever.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
wow , sorry to deviate here

but i do not like the appearance of the chick in your avatar
wow everyone is telling me off for the avatar.

sport shouldn't be about sex appeal, aspects of it are but i just think you can never call something a really great sport when the main appeal in it is the hot people
maybe for you, that is. but seriously, the standard of competition in the women's game is extremely low and always has been. outside the top 20 women, the rest are not much better than the squad players at my local club. tennis is business and they must find other outlets to market it.

HSC
max said:
This is where the argument about equal tournament winnings gets interwoven.
Personally, I support the traditional view.
The traditional view that girls play less tennis and therefore should not get payed equally? I know if I'm going to see a tennis match I want it to be at least three sets, not at most.

kirabolton

HSC
argh! i'm not saying women's tennis is up to the standards of the men's, of course it bloody isn't! But it doesn't mean that they aren't talented and that they haven't worked hard to get where they are. Maybe they don't deserve to get paid as much as the men but who cares because they never really will be, at least not because of the actual sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)