• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

FIGHTCLUB-give me notes (1 Viewer)

LEGENDofKOSTIN

HSC
HSC trial monday, epic fail in half yearlies.

I beg you all, how do I tackle FIGHTCLUB as a supplementary text
in the area of study essay?

ricometa

HSC
yer i would like notes too, i havnt started studying for enligsh. . .and i would also like fight club notes

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC
Well firstly you have to have watched it about 2 months ago, and started analysing it then. Then you can apply it to your definition of Imaginative Journey's in relation to your other texts and begin to perfect your essay. Quite easy!

Or, you could watch it now, enjoy the movie and make up some crap for monday and hope for the best. If you've left it this late to study your supplementary text, I don't think you've got much hope of writing a half-decent AoS essay.

But yeah, there's my good deed for the day :)

minminmin

HSC
I can't give you that many notes cos i have to study myself but i'll help you as much as i can. Which isn't much but whatever

• the reason Tyler disappears when people are around is because he is edward norton's character's hallucination, so everyone else can't see him
  • Norton's character is never really given a name in the film (think about issues of identity). He is occasionally refferred to as Jack (like, "I am Jack's smirking revenge"), but part of the reason he is not given a name is because he represents any man, or any generation X male.
  • Remember Jack's power animal? The penguin? The fact that Jack’s power animal is a penguin is extremely significant. Through analysis of the penguin, it is noted that penguins, though part of the bird species, cannot fly. Jack is part of the human species, yet he does not grasp what he can do. He feels restricted by his walls and has essentially made himself a cave to dwell in where the simple decisions of everyday life have been robbed from him. The penguin is also symbolic in that penguins are also very ‘drone-like’
  • The penguin is also significant because of the black and white colours - each one looks the sae as each other, like the people in Jack's workplace.
  • Tyler is a manifestation of Jack's frustrations in life, and Jack has created Tyler becaus Tyler is everything Jack wants to be.

Sorry this is so basic. Before the HSC, read the Fight Club book. I read it recently and it has really cleared things up. Parts are slightly different, but it is pretty much the same as the film. It really helped me understand the movie more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)