• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

film noir in blade runner (1 Viewer)

yosemite sam

HSC
i have an in class assessment tomorrow on the ways that the composers represent the quality and importance of mankind's relationship with the natural world. its obviously a techniques question, and my teacher keeps rattling on about how film noir is an incredibly important tecnhique in br, and i get what it is in relation to br, i just dont get how it conveys mankinds relationship with the natural world...help? thanks in advance :)

ITimber

HSC
Obviously this is too late for your exam but hopefully this will still help for future exams on this. (BTW how did you go?)

I think It is important that you present your own strong ideas about it.
I guess film noir creates suspense, allowing the audience to question the ideas expressed in BR (I.e. Who is more human? Replicants or Humans etc etc) Basically i think you try and wield your own ideas making sure you answer the question linking it to film techniques and put it into context.

Last edited:

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
This may be late but I'll tell you anyway.
First you have to look at the social structure and the ethics involved with this movie, like the mistreatment of the environment, mysogney (sp?), the motifs etc. Then you have to relate to the question "What is it to be a human?" explain the humans VS replicants issue and compare the characters in BR to humans now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)