film scripts (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
is anyone doing scriptwriting at all? ive written a couple of scripts but aren't really happy with either. and both are only in first draft mode. so im kinda screwed. just wondering how youse all are going with it

dissonance

Well I'm making a radio drama...so I've had to write the script for it::rolleyes:

I think the script turned out ok. Not bad, I don't think its particularly brillient either. It's in a Beckett/Stoppardian sort of style and it works alright.

I found scriptwriting to be easier than prose for me. It seemed more straight-forward, less un-needed complexity...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i totally agree with you, like i write liking prose sometimes but with scripts, particularly film scripts, you tell the reader exactly what you want them to see, and theres so much stuff (like music and cosutme and set) that you can incorporate into it.

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
im doing scriptwriting for the stage
have an absurdist style script but in a postmodern australia context

stuffed because i havent quite finished the draft
and beckett is haunting me

Gus

I'm writing ye olde style script and then putting it to film.
I wrote my script during the last holidays and started filming yesterday, will finish filming tomorrow.
only 13 days to go :)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yay, someone had a film script thread...

lets claim it, fellow scripters of 2003!

we will unite to make our voices seen!

you know i'm almost feeling like a script is a sort of template - you've got all these conventions and things, as the composer your job is just to fill in the gaps, and make sure it all works properly?!?! this really gives you a lot of time to work on the story itself - like mines a historical drama and i can do heaps of research for it because i know the script conventions, and love writing in that style? also with the radio drama, i love seeing people's reactions to the written cues for sound.. if they 'get' what i'm talking about

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hmmm... i kinda agree, kinda don't...

i think aside from just filling in the blanks, its also our job to try and adapt, manipulate and re-interpret the conventions and stuff like that (it sounds like im writing a crime fiction essay :p )

mon_mon

HSC
The thing i like about film scripts is that they bridge the gap between film and novel. although they give more information than a novel, they leave something to the imagination of the audience instead of giving them everything like in a film.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah thats true...

i think one of the major problems im having so far is working out how much detail to actually put in my script with scene-setting and stuff... trying to find a balance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)