Film Techniques Used In Billy Elliot (1 Viewer)

Managore

HSC
What Film Techniques Are Used In Billy Elliot??

Can anyone list them, briefly? Thankyou so much if you answer this post, I'm so stressed..

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
symbols, various camera angles (image of the open sky representing that the world is opening up as billy is leaving for london)... that's all off the top of my head

mod35tbabe

Techniques include the passing of the seasons, when he's doing that "angry dance" (u know when he dances like mad up the street when his teacher and family are fighting) the techniques are:-
Hes in the small toilet room thing and he starts to dance and cant control it, then he bursts out into the yard (this represents his move Into the world), when he finishes dancing he hits an iron fence - represents barrier.
The scene when he first begins ballet - hes on one side of the Barre and the girls are on the other is another barrier, shot of his boxing shoes in amongst the girls ballet slippers, the scenes where he was practicing dancing in the bathroom (the spin thing) represents his small world or being boxed in, but also his determination as time passes to get it right.
Conflict between him and his father are shown particularly in the scene where Billy throws his whole mattress off his bed to hide the ballet slippers and his father comes in. The angle of the shots show Jackie as a powerful figure, his suspicisions of Billy and his sentimentality of the boxing gloves.
The scene when Jackie catches Billy dancing with the girls the iron gate thing represents a barrier between Billy and Jackie

Last edited by a moderator:

Atef

HSC
Camera angles include long shot and short shot
Symbolism

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
THe montage at the very begining while the titles go, where Billy is jumping on the bed uses i forgot what music and close up slow motion shots to convery the happiness of Billy, and that he is an ordinary happy kid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)