• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Final business assessment (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
Hi people

the teacher has given a topic

assess how business can manage change effectively,and evaluate the role of financial management in achieving goals of the business.

I dont really know how i should set it out
anybody give me a suggestion>?

and also i want to include an example of a business succeeded in management change and one business failed becos in inability to adapt change. what should they be?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
split it into 2 parts

part 1 of ur report should deal with *how biz can manage change efffectively* (regergitate ur textbook)

and

part 2 of ur report should deal with *evaluate the role of financial management in achieving goals of the biz* (identify the goals of the biz first, and then talk abt the specific strategies/changes they have implemented to achieve these goals*

posterboy142

HSC
hi

Dont forget the verbs - assess and evaluate. I guesss these are high order verbs so u must have a majority of analysis in ur report and not just regurtitate and state the way the business has manged change efectively, u may get severly penalised (depending on ur teacher)

assess: make a judgement of value, qulatiy, otcomes, reuslts or size
evaluate: make a judgement based on criteria; determine the value of.
These are from the board of studies website - hsc key terms, i strongly recommned u get a copy.

U dont have to do my way but i would only have one sentence of text book info and another on how it relates to the business maybe 2 or 3 and a couple of sentences on if the business achieved it well or not. Ofcouse this structure will vary depending on the syllabus dotpoint. This pragrapgh structure is only good for a inlcass report (time limit) but if ur doing it typed up u should go into futher detail.

A sucessful business could be one of the four major banks because they have manged change effectively (opionated) after the financail deregulation in 1983.
A business that has not managed change effectively could be a TCF (textile, clothing and footwear) because of gloabalistion and reduction in protection. they are inefficent import competitng companines sending most of the industry out of business. sorry for trialing of into economics but there is some info on globalisation in ur textbook. btw a business in the tcf industry could also be sucessful by moving operations offshore to captilise on cheap labour in asia or sth america.

i would recoomend u divede the reort into two and in each half eg manging change effectively use one paragraph to answer each syllabus dot point undernaeath manging change effectively.

Hope this was clear enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)