final hsc mark and band performance (1 Viewer)

dpham_ebk

HSC
sorry if this been asked before but I thought I had a decent understanding of how this process works but apparently not. So I’m familiar with the whole process of moderating ur internal assessment marks based off your ranking and taking the average of that ranking in the hsc w your own external mark. Say my average was 80 in extension 1, I assume this constitutes to a band 6 right since scaling right?

Cause I don’t know where I heard this but someone told me that the band performance is based off purely (without scaling) your average of the hsc exam mark and assessment marks after moderation, where scaling is a different process applied after, only used for atar calculation but i thought scaling would be used to boost or lower the average u had to affect your band performance. So maybe I’m misinterpreting him or can someone clarify if I was right in my thinking all along stressing me out cause my internal rank is already bad so this makes me lose incentive to try hard in the hsc if it means I don’t get a band 6 etc

Last edited:

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
NESA:
alignment: raw exam marks --> exam mark
moderation: ranks and gaps --> assessment mark (based on cohort exam performance and ranks)
HSC mark = average of these two marks

UAC:
scaling: hsc marks --> scaled mark --> aggregate (total of scaled marks) --> atar

(note: only bold marks are ones you actually find out)

scaryshark09

HSC
or u can pay extra to know ur raw marks lol
i tried that last year cause it was only meant to be $7, but then when i clicked the box, it auto-checked the 'results check' box for $20-$40(or some other one, i cant remember) for some reason, so i didn't end up doing it cause it was like $80 for two subjects total with the other box checked. and you couldn't uncheck the other box.

scaryshark09

HSC
idk maybe it was glitched for me at the time
was anyone actually able to purchase it for $7 (per course) without any extras?

scaryshark09

HSC
it’s actually such a scam they make you buy a results check for it so it adds up to like 60 bucks (double for English), no way is that worth it
oh ok good, it wasn't just me

dpham_ebk

HSC
NESA:
alignment: raw exam marks --> exam mark
moderation: ranks and gaps --> assessment mark (based on cohort exam performance and ranks)
HSC mark = average of these two marks

UAC:
scaling: hsc marks --> scaled mark --> aggregate (total of scaled marks) --> atar

(note: only bold marks are ones you actually find out)
Thanks but which one tells you band performance ? for example band 6, do you need 90+ for the average between your hsc mark and moderated assessment mark or 90+ for after scaling is applied for band 6 that’s my question

scaryshark09

HSC
Thanks but which one tells you band performance ? for example band 6, do you need 90+ for the average between your hsc mark and moderated assessment mark or 90+ for after scaling is applied for band 6 that’s my question
90+ HSC mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)