• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Finals (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Calculators
Students should note that calculators may be used in an examination if so stated under the calculator column in the timetable. If calculators are permitted any type of calculator will be allowed unless otherwise stated. Calculators must be silent and internally powered and not programmable. Mobile phones may not be used as calculators. Calculator cases or covers are not permitted in the examination room.

this was in the rules....

"Calculator cases or covers are not permitted in the examination room. "

huh?

Ninga

HSC
People write answers on the cases sometimes. If you have a calculator that has the case sorta attached, like my one, they walk around, pick it up, and have a look at the whole thing, inside the case and outside. They have a bit of a thing against cheating.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Ninga
People write answers on the cases sometimes. If you have a calculator that has the case sorta attached, like my one, they walk around, pick it up, and have a look at the whole thing, inside the case and outside. They have a bit of a thing against cheating.
hmm.... i see now, it just seemed a little extreme

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Ninga
They have a bit of a thing against cheating.
Doing the right thing is over-ratted anyway. We should just be given the answers at the start of the test.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Write an entire essay on a calculator... hmm... sounds like an idea!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ha! extreme? my year 9 maths teacher walked around checking our arms cos apparently people write formulas on them and pretend to roll up their sleeves when they are actually copying the proof of a formula. Geez, it was YEAR 9 maths FFS...

they check calculators quite thoroughly in the HSC as well, from what I hear...

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
ha! extreme? my year 9 maths teacher walked around checking our arms cos apparently people write formulas on them and pretend to roll up their sleeves when they are actually copying the proof of a formula. Geez, it was YEAR 9 maths FFS...

they check calculators quite thoroughly in the HSC as well, from what I hear...
They don't check anything in the HSC. Unless your supervisors are all really tight. Then you'll probably have to brave them slapping on rubber gloves. "We want to make sure you haven't shoved the answers up your arse."

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
"We want to make sure you haven't shoved the answers up your arse."
*Insert joke about pulling answers out of your arse*

HSC exams were notorious for cheating, especially when the guy next to you writes all the formulas on his arm and you cheat off it as well.

santaslayer

HSC
also, covers themselves have maths formulaes already written on them my casio themselves.......

in the hsc, the teacher reckoned we would slip loose pieces of paper in the covers as well....she checked the whole 150 covers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)