• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Finance at UTS (1 Viewer)

NizDiz

HSC
Does anyone know if the Maths and Finance degree at UTS is good, like in terms of study, job employment and all? I'm considering it as a 4th/5th choice. Also, how is the social life at UTS? Thanks people :p

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
hi, i am currently a first year uts business student. some of my friends are maths and finance students. this semester we have 2 subjects in common (accounting, economics).

my friends who do the course tell me that theyre only doing it as a back-up since they did not get into business but i find it a pretty similar course to business. by completing the bachelor of maths and finance, you do the same subjects as you would if you were to do bachelor of business and major in finance, the only difference is that you do maths and stats subjects instead of introductory marketing, management etc. and dont get a second major.

in terms of social life at uts, it really is how you make it. theres no denying we lack facilities, our only social areas is a ping pong table and some pool tables. however if you know the right ppl, theres always china town, george st cinemas and all of the city to enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)