Finishing tests?!?! (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys,

I just did a few question here and there from a past trial paper, and man, it took me forever! It took like half an hour and it only was like 4 questions - not as in 4 question worth 12 marks each, but just random questions. And the paper is not that hard!

OMG, I'm starting to get worried about not finishing the tests in the HSC. I know its still early on, but we really do not have that much time.

Is it possible to finish the test? Does anyone have any tips to finish the test faster, but with accuracy.

I probably can't finished the 2Unit paper either atm, woah! ...

Is it just practice? Any tips, advice?

P

prsce24

wtf
4 questions in half hr
you get 2 hrs maite and theres only 7-8 questions
you're actually doing it very fast

Trev

stix
HSC
rsingh said:
Hey guys,

I just did a few question here and there from a past trial paper, and man, it took me forever! It took like half an hour and it only was like 4 questions - not as in 4 question worth 12 marks each, but just random questions. And the paper is not that hard!

OMG, I'm starting to get worried about not finishing the tests in the HSC. I know its still early on, but we really do not have that much time.

Is it possible to finish the test? Does anyone have any tips to finish the test faster, but with accuracy.

don't worry, i tend to go slower when doing questions, but in exams its amazing how fast you actually work without knowing it, just under the pressure.
last years prelim yearly ext1 exam (yer, not hsc, but just an example) i'm sure if it wasn't in exam conditions i wouldn't have finished it in time, but in the exam i had 40 mins left after already looking over the paper twice (of 2 hrs).
you'll go faster in the exams! :uhhuh:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
speed and accuracy is the key...to b fast yet accurate means u need to practice heaps so keep trying and ull c that ur getting faster

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its all got to do with experience, the more you work, the more questions you recognise and know how to do quickly and hence the quicker you finish

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
rsingh said:
Hey guys,

I've been trying to deal with this problem ever since the certificate... i ended up missing out 10 marks... because i was "TOO SLOW"... i could have got a band 6 quite easily... but ended up with a mid band 5 instead...

the3 units exam does seem quite long... but as mentioned earlier.. it's true.. u do work faster under exam conditions....

and anyways.. if u practice past papers from the success book.. consistently.. u would naturally become way faster and more accurate...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
rsingh said:
Hey guys,

I was probably similar to you early-mid year 12, but then I hit the papers and I ended up doing the first 6 12 mark questions in an hour or less on most papers.

CrashOveride

HSC
You will be much faster doing past papers at home vs. HSC

I could do most past papers up to question 7 and have an hour left for the final question. But in HSC, i was semi-struggling for time.

The x factor.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
CrashOveride said:
You will be much faster doing past papers at home vs. HSC

I could do most past papers up to question 7 and have an hour left for the final question. But in HSC, i was semi-struggling for time.

The x factor.
Hmm well my trial went as planned, but then it was pretty piss easy, but yeah HSC I had about 50 mins to do Q7, but still fucked it up, so yeah:(

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i had ages to do q7 which was suprising for me...ironically i was pushed for time in our shitty trial...rsingh i can tell u now that in the period b/w trials and hsc i worked my ass off in 3u maths coz i was far too slow and it paid off in the hsc exam

tennille

HSC
Never got to answer Q7 for the HSC. I've never finished a 3U exam. lol.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
yeah, for people that just do 3unit (not 4unit) maybe u wont finish...

as someone else stated, the key is gettin what u finish right. theres no use finishing if u get half em wrong, if u only do 6 questions and get nearly everything right, thats raw 70 odd which is pretty gud...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)