first year law struggle (1 Viewer)

HSC
doing law at unsw but am struggling in terms of assessments. I find the course extremely interesting, fun and can follow it well during lectures, however my marks dont reflect this especially in ILJ and first torts assessment (marks are around low 60 range). I dont really struggle when doing assignments and I find them interesting. I found for ILJ the issue was legal writing (as I was still stuck in the english adv/ext HSC writing style), but for Torts my legal writing was fine but was more application of law. I feel especially stuck because it is not a matter of not being on top of study or assignments, rather just performance.

Any advice to improve for assignments and exams?

kingpalindrome

HSC
doing law at unsw but am struggling in terms of assessments. I find the course extremely interesting, fun and can follow it well during lectures, however my marks dont reflect this especially in ILJ and first torts assessment (marks are around low 60 range). I dont really struggle when doing assignments and I find them interesting. I found for ILJ the issue was legal writing (as I was still stuck in the english adv/ext HSC writing style), but for Torts my legal writing was fine but was more application of law. I feel especially stuck because it is not a matter of not being on top of study or assignments, rather just performance.

Any advice to improve for assignments and exams?
have you tried out the PASS/peer mentoring sessions run by lawsoc? not sure how good they are cause I haven't been to any myself but I've heard they cover essay writing tips and exam performance etc - I think theres a link to lawsoc pass resources floating around the cohort if you can't get along to a session. as for exams I think its mainly about having decent notes and not just fluff

but yeah this torts assignment killed me, my mark was not really what I expected. I've heard though that the average for most law subjects though is always around 60ish so you're performing decently ig

theaeneid

HSC
N/A
have you tried out the PASS/peer mentoring sessions run by lawsoc? not sure how good they are cause I haven't been to any myself but I've heard they cover essay writing tips and exam performance etc - I think theres a link to lawsoc pass resources floating around the cohort if you can't get along to a session. as for exams I think its mainly about having decent notes and not just fluff

but yeah this torts assignment killed me, my mark was not really what I expected. I've heard though that the average for most law subjects though is always around 60ish so you're performing decently ig
how do u write a law assignment? if u would, could i read something of ur work to get the gist? no worries if not!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)