first year students - recommendations (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
there has been talk of 'a lot of first years..' so what do first years do that is unnecessary? what can you tell us to get us away from the normal image of firstyears? e.g. dress casually, don't bring too many folders and books

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just relax... and enjoy your time. Dress however you want. Textbooks are heavy and optional. Folders? Notes? Doesn't really matter.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yeah, don't worry about how you look or anything like that.

David27

Go to as many lectures as possible on many a subject(within reason) as possible to get a feel for what you like before the cut off for enrolment variation. Some subjects that the brochures proclaimed as musts can turn out deadly uninteresting.
Any film or drama unit will be full of imbeciles-trust me!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh and try to know your way around campus. theres nothing worse than being lost and trying to find your way and looking at those on campus maps. people can tell your first year. hahaha

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
No ones gonna laugh at you if you bring a folder or anything like that. It's not like school where it seems the only reason some people show up is to try to seem cool-everyone is there to work, so no one gives a rats arse about you, your clothes, or what you're carrying around. And no ones gonna care if you are seen looking at a map, or have to ask someone for directions. People understand you weren't born knowing where S027 is.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Would you say that people at uni are less hung up about stupid crap like fashion and looks than people at high school?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
yes defenitely, nobody cares how you act / look at uni

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Would you say that people at uni are less hung up about stupid crap like fashion and looks than people at high school?
Definately. Only a small percentage of people seem to care what others are doing, and unlike high school-it is these people that are most likely to get bagged out by everyone else, for being snobby.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
how do people know you're first year anyway..?? it's not as if you were a big sign around campus with said label..

ND

HSC
Why does everyone want to hide the fact that they're 1st year? Who cares? Everyone has been 1st year at some stage...

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by johnson
how do people know you're first year anyway..?? it's not as if you were a big sign around campus with said label..
There is the issue of LOOKING too young to be at uni...

but who gives a fuck what people think... 1st year, 2nd year... whatever... its uni why would people care WHAT you are?

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
There is the issue of LOOKING too young to be at uni...
haha I am still going to look too young for uni when I am 5th year

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
people who do combined degrees have to be like first year students twice as we gotta do junior units.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
It's easier to pick up anyone in Uni :p

1st years with 4th years and what not right? Lol...

It's so hard to get a Uni girl when you're in High School and with good cause!

I can't wait till Uni, older women here I come :D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz
people who do combined degrees have to be like first year students twice as we gotta do junior units.
I dont get to do any junior units - as the first years of my 2 degrees are identical...im not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)