• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Fisher Library is Scary (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Your Libraray is so spooky! I would never go there at night omigod!! The shelves are so close together in the stack it's claustrophobic!!! I could see them all falling over like dominoes! Scary!

Has anyone had anything scary happen in there, it's like a spook house!!! So dark and dingy and musty smelling...

Also, why doesn't it open until 1pm on Sunday grr! I got up early this morning to get there and it was closed and I had to walk all the way home again!

UTS Library is much nicer....

Generator

HSC
N/A
Fisher is a dump. The other libraries are much better.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah but UTS needs keycard access and it's a bitch to obtain if you're not a student!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Keycard access is good.... it makes me feel priveledged because I can get in lol.

The undergrad part of Fisher is ok but all the books I need are always in the research part and it freaks me out.... is there security cameras in there? Cos it's so huge you could get mugged/bashed/bad stuff happen in there I reckon!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Keycard access is good.... it makes me feel priveledged because I can get in lol.

The undergrad part of Fisher is ok but all the books I need are always in the research part and it freaks me out.... is there security cameras in there? Cos it's so huge you could get mugged/bashed/bad stuff happen in there I reckon!
uhm, accordign to truly, it has happened before... nto sure if she's jkin or any thing =p

but na, fisher's fine... or
try engineering library... i usually go there to do math asmt wif fwnds... ^^

also does any one noe where the sci/comm library at usyd are??? @@i am like lost... tho i wanna know =)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
Yeah but UTS needs keycard access and it's a bitch to obtain if you're not a student!
All you need is some form of ID and they give you a day pass...well thats what the security woman told me anyway.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Badham is down on Science Road and it deals with the Biological Sciences and Agriculture...

Out of every branch I would have to say that the Orange library is the one that annoys me most. At least with the Health Sciences library (at Lidcombe) I could get there and get a book within the day if needed.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Mathematics is level 8 of Carslaw go up the elevators and turn left at the top.
Is it a big place?

cayte

Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Tiny

I'm already in with the staff.
heh, that must make you feel special... in with the maths library staff... jj

Last year a couple were caught screwing at the back of level 8 or something in the fisher stack. How romantic. Banged up against dusty metal shelving filled with such stimulating reading as Hemingway: A Life Story and Introduction To The Literature Of Europe In The Fifteenth, Sixteenth, And Seventeenth Centuries.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i don't go 2 fisher much.....can't be bothered 2 walk...lol!!
so whenever i need bks....my dear friend borows it for me....
thanx 2 him :)

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
All you need is some form of ID and they give you a day pass...well thats what the security woman told me anyway.
yerp that's correct...
i hate the security gates still... if you don't go through 'fast' enough.. it tries to eat you...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Originally posted by MoNNiE
yerp that's correct...
i hate the security gates still... if you don't go through 'fast' enough.. it tries to eat you...
lol that true, that almost happened to me once. I got eaten by the train station barriers though, on the inside of my leg, it hurt >.<. I'm always cautious nowadays when I walk through them.

mack

Banned
HSC
I was there last school holidays(Law students may remember some dude poking his head through the door at a tutorial) and i checked out the library, and i must say, that guy who sits at the desk where you enter freaked me out. I tried to go out the wrong way and he hovered over in his little chair and told me to use the other door. He was like something out of X men....... I think i saw keypad as well.....

mack

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by jasee
lol that true, that almost happened to me once. I got eaten by the train station barriers though, on the inside of my leg, it hurt >.<. I'm always cautious nowadays when I walk through them.

If you think getting eaten by them on your leg hurts, try rotating 90 degrees to wave to someone and forgetting your still in the gates.......It defines pain, especially if youre male, and not to mention it was very embarrassing.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
the 7th or 8th floor of fisher lib is quite deserted, all old russian german lit apparently -- someones mentioned its the ideal place for a quickie... hehe with all that dust?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)