Flexible first year engineering - Need help (1 Viewer)

creepypasta

HSC
Hey guys, im expecting around 83 atar, and i do physics chem and math 2u, and i get bonus pts for chem and physics, probably getting band 5 in both, anybody here do it?
I want to know about early entry /experiences and if i should expect to get in with a lower atar than the cutoff
Thanks for help!

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
same thing as all other engineering; you do the core compulsory courses and decide your major later

creepypasta

HSC
yeah but how many bonus points would i be able to get, and would i get in with an atar of 83 or is it highly demanded

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I know people who had atars in the low 80s (i.e. under cut off, no bonus marks) that got offers for flexible Soft Eng/IT/Comp Sci or something like that at Usyd, but I think the other majors and perhaps the flexible course would have higher cut offs. That was also a few years ago now.

Brian1800

HSC
What brent said was true, but unfortunately not anymore. If you want a higher chance, you'd need a minimum of around 86 (mid 80's) along with great reasons why it's best for you. A friend of mine got into Flexible with 86.45. To conclude, try to increase your possible ATAR by 3-5 more points.

Regards.
Brian M.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)