• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Focus Group Needed for PIP: MYSPACE (1 Viewer)

shaemitchell

HSC
Ok i need a focus group and opinions on my pip topic. Any help is much appreciated as im sure a good percentage of you have MYSPACE. My topic is "Manufacturing identities in a networked culture: The MYSPACE IDology"

Theres a few questions below. For those of you that feel like giving me a solid opinion try the challenging ones for the rest of you who are feeling a tad apathetic try the simpler ones.

1. Does the ability to create and manipulate profiles on MYSPACE affect the social implications to which MYSPACE is responsible?

(or more simply)

1. What implications on society does the ability to manipulate ones profile into any identity on MYSPACE have?

ie. In the United States there has been a large number of sexual assault cases in which older men pose as teenagers to lure young girls etc.

and also

2. What is your opinion of MYSPACE as a whole? ie good/bad why?

3. Do you think most people manipulate their identities to suit the expectations of society? ie portraying something they are not to gain more popularity or attention.

OK i realise its long but everyone reading this knows how hard it is to get good research so please help me out. I will gladly help you.
Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)