• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Football (1 Viewer)

Real Madrid

HSC
FOOTBALL IS THE NO.1 SPORT IN AUSTRALIA (Soccer is a horrible name; please phrase it as FOOTBALL)

AND IN MOST OTHER COUNTRIES...!

We all know that, but here is where I make my point.

Why can't I watch a good A-league game on TV?

I mean surely; second rate codes like Rugby and AFL broadcast 4 matches a week and we get...ohh wait; nothing. Thats right, zip, zlich, nil, 0.

How are we supposed to get ethical about the growth of football in Australian culture, when I can't even watch a good game... and when I do, its a foriegn champions league matchup where I have to wake up at around 4:30am in the cold mornings...

Where's the fairness. All good things in life should be free.

Explain.

Real Madrid

HSC
HeCtic said:
They don't exist. Every A-League game I've been to has been tripe.
Yeah well, flaming them isn't gonna make a difference you little wipe.

All great teams started like this, so don't criticize them.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
You can watch the A-league on TV you bafoon. It's on Foxtel and the reason no other channel picked it up was because it gets such poor ratings, its not worth paying the money for it. Channel 7 used to have the NSL but ended up not airing (but still held the rights for it) because it rated so poorly.

Soccer (Football) is the most played sport in Australia but it isn't the most watched. AFL, league, union, criket and even the horse tracks get better attendence and viewers then soccer does.

I still love it.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha i thought even the english premier league gets more viewers than the a-league

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Real Madrid said:
Yeah well, flaming them isn't gonna make a difference you little wipe.

All great teams started like this, so don't criticize them.
Heh, basically what I was saying is; you're asking for something that doesn't exist. I love how you ignored the 1000+ posts football thread that's already here and thought you'd start your own as well.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
jemsta said:
haha i thought even the english premier league gets more viewers than the a-league
In Malaysia there lucky to get 5,000 to a football match but literally millions watch the EPL on TV. There football organisation has no idea how to fix the problem.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah, i think most south east asian countries are like that, bar japan and south korea

Boo Quah

HSC
Real Madrid said:
Explain.
[/LEFT]
The FTA stations are to blame

Vested interest in eggball codes...

Union and league would pretty much die without them (union's already dying, no one plays it)

Without the FTA stations' support, you pretty much only have 2 codes

AFL will probably always be no. 1, football still has more kids playing though :D

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hahaha you are a joke.

soccer will never, ever ever take over footy in australia. why? because this is australia and footy is what we love. not soccer, and don't you tarnish the word football by associating it with soccer. soccer is soccer mate, not football.

how you said soccer is the no.1 sport in aust is beyond me. go to the aust bureau of stats n find out for yourself, jerkface.

grow some balls and play footy.

Boo Quah

HSC
wuddie said:
hahaha you are a joke.

soccer will never, ever ever take over footy in australia. why? because this is australia and footy is what we love. not soccer, and don't you tarnish the word football by associating it with soccer. soccer is soccer mate, not football.

how you said soccer is the no.1 sport in aust is beyond me. go to the aust bureau of stats n find out for yourself, jerkface.

we love 'footy' so much that it's not even clear what code you're talking about :eek:

football has far, far higher participation rates than both thugby codes put together among the youth in every state :eek: :eek:

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
Why is it that when the soccer was on every one had 'soccer fever'... you know the whole go team spirit thing... And now that its over no one gives a damn. its like its just been forgotten. Was i the only one who got up at like 4 in the morning to watch the world cup? then going to school have asleep?

god those mornings were cold! glad they invented heaters!

Real Madrid

HSC
wuddie said:
hahaha you are a joke.

Sorry to staple this churning brain-juggling fact into you but Football is referred to the name Football in 191 countries and 52 self-dipolmatic states.

The other 2 countries; Australia and the USA... refer to it as soccer.

Wuddie you're a pathetic disgrace. You're a waste, nothing more than an arrogant self-indulgent pig.

You're tarnishing football by calling it soccer.

Read Johnny Warrens autobiography on Shielas, Wogs and Pooftas. Learn a think or two about how lucrative and sick-minded media campaigns get the attention they want. Attention from the idiots in Australia and the US who believe anything. The idiots are people like you.

Real Madrid

HSC
There's nothing like baffling primitive baboons and introducing them to a game that exploits the meaning of the word ball.

One of those round objects.

Then again, Australian thinking wasn't straight, sort of like American thinking, and what do you know, both countries have sports that class eggs as balls.

Genius.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Real Madrid said:
Sorry to staple this churning brain-juggling fact into you but Football is referred to the name Football in 191 countries and 52 self-dipolmatic states.
So about thirty years ago we should have all learnt how to speak French because it was the international language at the time?

Real Madrid

HSC
Perhaps...

But for now (since this is Australia) I'll refer to your eggball sports as:

AFL- Mankickballandtackleandjumplikespasticretardswithmentaldisability
NRL- Fatballgatherispackandtacklerapeandabuserefwhilekickingweirdball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)