forensic better get scaled (1 Viewer)

HSC
i thought the m/c and the core were pretty okay made some careless errors but the forensic option was a killer, that 7 mark question was screwed as too was explaining exactly how hplc works. this option better be scaled up as apparently other options were much easier, stupid forensic, well at least its over

Wrightson

ifsonotso_100 said:
i thought the m/c and the core were pretty okay made some careless errors but the forensic option was a killer, that 7 mark question was screwed as too was explaining exactly how hplc works. this option better be scaled up as apparently other options were much easier, stupid forensic, well at least its over
dont wanna seem rude but, i read over the forensic section when i was doing my section Chem of art. From what i saw of it i could answer most of it and i dont even do that topic, so i reckon if i had studied it i would have been able to do it... i dont think you could really scale one chem topic over the other because its the same subject, that'd be like scalling one persons english mark over someone elses because they did imaginative instead of the easier physical journies.. but hey its all over now so i guess it doesnt matter.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ifsonotso_100 said:
Individual component of an exam, such as the option, doesn't get scaled. The examers will, however, look at the marks being allocated to students doing each option and modify their marking criteria if any one group is being marked too harshly.

I hope this helps.

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Individual component of an exam, such as the option, doesn't get scaled. The examers will, however, look at the marks being allocated to students doing each option and modify their marking criteria if any one group is being marked too harshly.

I hope this helps.
thats fair

eddie4eva

I didn't think forensic's was too bad except for the second bit in the last question were you had to assess the solvents. Rest of the test was pretty ok!

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I think it was rather cruel of them to set a 7-marker on electrophoresis and then another 5-marker on HPLC. Not to mention the 5 - 7 markers scattered throughout the core.

However, I didn't find the exam extremely difficult. It could have been better, but it definitely could have been worse.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I think it was rather cruel of them to set a 7-marker on electrophoresis and then another 5-marker on HPLC. Not to mention the 5 - 7 markers scattered throughout the core.

However, I didn't find the exam extremely difficult. It could have been better, but it definitely could have been worse.
I thinks thats been the general feel for many of the exams. I mean, i know it varies from person to person but GENERALLY i think they have set pretty fair tests this year.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I think it was rather cruel of them to set a 7-marker on electrophoresis
I spent about 4-5 of those 7 marks talking about proteins (amino acids, peptide bonds, primary/secondary/tertiary/quaternary structure). Hopefully I didn't neglect eletrophoresis.

robbo_145

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
I think it was rather cruel of them to set a 7-marker on electrophoresis and then another 5-marker on HPLC.
they were double-barrelled questions though. It wasn't just on elecrophoresis, 3-4 were discussing the properties of proteins presumably.
Similarly 2-3 would have been discussing how HPLC works and 2-3 on your assessment of the solvents.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
robbo_145 said:
they were double-barrelled questions though. It wasn't just on elecrophoresis, 3-4 were discussing the properties of proteins presumably.
Similarly 2-3 would have been discussing how HPLC works and 2-3 on your assessment of the solvents.
Very true.

Same with the fermentation/distillation/esterification question. Gosh, the "7" totally slapped me in the face. They're not worth a lot individually, nevertheless I was intimidated enough to write 3 pages, which I now regret.

ameradrian

HSC
Overall I thought this section was pretty straight forward, no surprises. The whole exam was quite awesome. I was expecting much worse! WOO!

lala2

Banned
HSC
I didn't study HPLC, so I made it up, saying it was gas-solid chromatography, but actually, it's liquid-solid (????), but the 7 marker was ok because I knew that something on electrophoresis would come up--it's got a massive verb in the syllabus--discuss or something like that.

kouklitsa

i thought forensic was easy.. alot easier than my trial. wrote 14 pages in total.. and there was heaps to write for 5 n 7 mark questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)