• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Forgiveness (1 Viewer)

Pryme Suspekt

HSC
N/A
What does everyone think about forgiveness?

I find myself unable to forgive people for certain things they have done.
Recently a friend (well, she used to be a friend) apologised to me for something she did (a couple of months ago), which, at the time, really really pissed me off. After that incident I decided not to talk to her and to ignore her, but I recently received a message from her saying that she's sorry etc etc, and I just can't find it in myself to forgive her, or to forgive people in general. I just end up thinking.. why the fuck did they do it in the first place?
I moved on ages ago and had forgotten about it, but the fact that she, all of a sudden, felt sorry and decided to apologise means that she hasn't gotten over it, and I don't want to be reminded about what happened.

This has happened to me a few times, and each time I end all contact with that person, and each time, a couple of months later, they send me an email or a facebook message saying how sorry they are, and I ignore the message and continue living happily, knowing that I'm no longer in contact with that person.

Am I the only person who thinks like this?
Any comments?

pman

Banned
HSC
Listen mate, the only type of person I dislike is one who won't forgive, A lack of forgiveness can cost the best friendships

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Your self-absorbed stubborness has cast a black and white shadow over the world. For your convenience, you are always in the white. When you make a mistake, it's ok, because it's a mistake. When others make a mistake, it's black. You cannot come back from black.

For your convenience, you cut-off and shut out, not just the action but the person who did it. You do not face the problem at all and do not make any real attempt to understand the reasons - you ask yourself "Why the fuck did they do it in the first place?" .. because you are a better source of such information than they are.

You are not much of a human being, and I'm putting you in the black bag. Any further communication will have to be done via proxy. I'm putting you on ignore forever.
+1

Deal with the action, not the person.

Get over yourself.

Pryme Suspekt

HSC
N/A
Yes, I know I can be stubborn, but sometimes what people do can really have an adverse affect on me.

Considering the gravity of what they did, and the apology that came a couple of months later, I don't think I'll be reconciling with them any time soon, to me it almost seems like they're mocking me further...

klaris

HSC
It depends on what the person did to betray my trust.

I'm not a very trusting person and it takes a lot for me to let my guard down and trust someone.

When that trust is lost I find it very hard to forgive the person who betrayed it.

But, that said I'm talking MAJOR incidents.

If it's something little then I usually just let it fly because whatever the person said/did wasn't that big for me to feel betrayed or to stop trusting them.

So, all in all, I find it very hard to forgive in certain situations. But it depends on the situation.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
you should have just un friended him on facebook i mean sometimes it pays to be direct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)