• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

found something weird (1 Viewer)

sakinluvo

HSC
I posted a resource on BOS and for some reason it's on scribd? I've never used it before nor do I know anyone who does

Sorry if this sounds rlly dumb I haven't any idea how this got posted and that its expected by posting it here. I lowkey wanna get it removed 😭😭 but idk howScreenshot 2024-06-24 at 9.39.46 pm.pngScreenshot 2024-06-24 at 9.39.46 pm.png

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The same thing happened with some of my resources, which ended up on sites like Studocu and Course Hero. In my case, I don't really mind other people sharing my resources, especially since it means that they can potentially reach more students, as long credit is given, i.e. as long as I am recognised as the original author, instead of modifying the resources in a way that makes it appear that the poster is the original author, the latter counting as stealing.

If you do not want to have your resources published on other websites, I would recommend two courses of action:
  1. Check if you can contact the poster of a particular resource on the relevant website. If that is possible, inform them that you do not give them permission to upload your resources and request that they take it down. Give them some time after you contact them. If the resource ends up being removed, then great!
  2. If the poster is unresponsive/uncooperative, or if you are unable to contact the poster because the relevant website does not offer such a feature, you should report the resource. There are typically a number of reasons for which you can report a resource, one of which being that you are the author of the resource and did not give permission for the resource to be posted on that website. Hopefully, your request will be reviewed and the resource taken down.
I hope this helps! 😄

sakinluvo

HSC
The same thing happened with some of my resources, which ended up on sites like Studocu and Course Hero. In my case, I don't really mind other people sharing my resources, especially since it means that they can potentially reach more students, as long credit is given, i.e. as long as I am recognised as the original author, instead of modifying the resources in a way that makes it appear that the poster is the original author, the latter counting as stealing.

If you do not want to have your resources published on other websites, I would recommend two courses of action:
  1. Check if you can contact the poster of a particular resource on the relevant website. If that is possible, inform them that you do not give them permission to upload your resources and request that they take it down. Give them some time after you contact them. If the resource ends up being removed, then great!
  2. If the poster is unresponsive/uncooperative, or if you are unable to contact the poster because the relevant website does not offer such a feature, you should report the resource. There are typically a number of reasons for which you can report a resource, one of which being that you are the author of the resource and did not give permission for the resource to be posted on that website. Hopefully, your request will be reviewed and the resource taken down.
I hope this helps! 😄
thank you so much! im gonna try reporting it down cuz i don't see any message feature available😃😃

Susu123

HSC
I posted a resource on BOS and for some reason it's on scribd? I've never used it before nor do I know anyone who does

Sorry if this sounds rlly dumb I haven't any idea how this got posted and that its expected by posting it here. I lowkey wanna get it removed 😭😭 but idk howView attachment 43467View attachment 43467
these websites make you post ur own resources so that you can access other resources, so the poster probably just had ur file sitting on their laptop and decided to post it to "trade" resources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)