Foundations of Law test (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Have any of you received your results back yet?

I think we get ours tomorrow... :uhoh:

kini mini

HSC
I'm in Asq's class, so we'll know tomorrow. I hear someone got 50.5/60, and I know a guy in my accounting tutorial who got 49 :eek:. So long as I pass I'll be happy!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Our tutor told us that we had all passed... but I have no idea how we performed beyond that. :confused:

It looks like HDs aren't quite as easy to obtain in law as they are elsewhere (doh). And our class (which consists of other mudblood transfer students) seems to be quite competitive too. :(

I swear I'll strangle Damjanovic if I ever meet him, and Ms Vukic too. :p:D

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus

I swear I'll strangle Damjanovic if I ever meet him, and Ms Vukic too. :p:D
Yeah I'd be glad to help :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Guys just a few questions:

a) Is UNSW combined law bloody hard to get into? I mean did you find the HECS cut-off too high?

b) I know it's all nice and stuff to dream of being a great barrister (well I do), but what are the employment opportunities?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Frigid
Guys just a few questions:

a) Is UNSW combined law bloody hard to get into? I mean did you find the HECS cut-off too high?
a) Well the cut off for the past 2 yrs has been 99.3, so its pretty steep, but not too steep for some

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
come on guys...hes just a frial old, stubborn man with a poor grasp of english and REALITY!!!!

:rolleyes:
Lighten up :p

Frigid - 99.3 is quite achievable if you put your mind to it, so is 99.6 IMO. Employment prospects are pretty good, not the best atm due to the economic situation but that's the case with many professions.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
well done to kini mini for his HD...makes my higher credit look welll..less that spiffy/..:rolleyes:
Well done! :) Ironically, I ended up with 50.5/60... I'll be haggling for that extra half mark. ;):D

Apparently our class had "one HD and only a handful of distinctions". But we weren't given any hard statistics.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
Well done! :) Ironically, I ended up with 50.5/60... I'll be haggling for that extra half mark. ;):D

Apparently our class had "one HD and only a handful of distinctions". But we weren't given any hard statistics.
Good work James :). Then again, we went in with each other's notes so it would be surprising if we got very different marks :p. I think I based my intro to rule of law on your definition :).

I think I sort of fluked it though, I would have been happy to pass after the test, but looking at the actual results anything over 40 is good and over 45 is great. Scraping a HD is just a bonus.

kini mini

HSC
7-8. I'll be doing more talking for the rest of session :p.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
CP... does that mean participation mark?

We weren't given an estimate... but it should be okay anyway. :)

kini mini

HSC
a small Consolation for my crappy credit (a high one) but still crappy...

8-9...for CP...yay!

:(
Don't worry, it's just the first assessment :). It was hard to see what was required anyway!

In terms of CP, you and Daniel have probably made the best contributions to the class :)

kini mini

HSC
really...u and Christine have said that...hmmm i felt i never said anything...how odd...just shows u cant judge ur own performance??!!!:rolleyes:

or maybe ur just humoring me:(:eek:
I'm not really in the habit of humoring people, at the same time I don't believe in putting people down unnecessarily. If I thought you were talking rubbish, I wouldn't say you were good, I'd say something like "are you sure you're not too enthusiastic?" :). I'm sure Christine is sincere as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)