FOX News (1 Viewer)

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Does anyone here watch FOX news on cable?

I must say that i watch the O'Reilly factor and Hannity and Colmes everyday, and ive come to a conclusion..you really cant believe anything these guys say and they enormous hypocrites.

for example, in their usual Kerry-bashing rants, they had an "expert" come on and say taht he received his first of three pruple hearts for sustaining an injury that they said was just a minor cut...this is bs, because the reason he got the purple heart was because when he got that 'minor cut', he was SAVING THE LIFE OF ANOTHER SOLDIER.

and on them being hypocrites, they constantly say that Kerry is a so-called "flip-flopper", quoting pointless and childish examples such as him going back on what he said about owning an SUV..when GEORGE.W.BUSH himself, as governer in 2000 said this:

"I believe that it is not the business of the United States of America to judge course of other countries, specifically those in the Middle East"​

Does anyone else get pissed of by this?

D

HSC
Yeah, Fox News is a load of crap. Only seen it a couple of times but it's a load of crap. All it is is right-wing, patriotic crap.

Rorix

HSC
The news side of FOX is fine.

The commentators are rather biased.

BTW FYI Kerry is very flip-flop, if you doubt this I can dig up just some of the notable things he's flip flopped on. Major examples are the Iraq war, Iraq's WMDs, No Child Left Behind, the Patriot Act, and so on.

I wouldn't call Bush's position a flip flop. Bush campeigned on the platform of being America focused, and it was for the first 9-10 months of the presidency - but then September 11th happened. To quote something pre-9/11 and apply it to modern policy and say they're being hypocritical is like quoting foreign leaders from the 30s talking about Hitler.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Fox News is bias, but not too bad as news. I try to catch the "News Alerts" at the "top" and "bottom" of the hour (thats on the hour and on the half hour for all you non-yanks) as they give you American news in the way that CNN won't.

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Fox News would make for great comedy, if only I knew they didn't believe what they say.

As for the news being unbiased, I laugh at this. At least five major factual errors were made in their coverage of the situation in the Sudan. This also applies to their news from Iraq. How can their people in Iraq give an unbiased account when they're censored by the military units that they're with? You will also NEVER hear anything positive being said about the Democrats, only showing positive news for the Republicans. Thank goodness that MoveOn.org is taking them up on fraud, 'bout damn time

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They are so so so soooooooo right wing conservative george bush ass kissers!!! We did some stuff about it at uni....

And as you said, their "embedded" journalists really skewed the news as well. As if they are going to say anything negetive about the military when the journalists are reliant on the military for their survival in the war zone???

Plus, if anyone watched fox/cnn coverage of the war, you would note their constant marketing and selection of footage which was intended to show the war as being very noble... kinda like WW1 propaganda.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
CNN presents the news better then FOX because they done choose what they show.

Since the election race began, the coverage of the war in Iraq has dropped to near nil!
Any excuse to take away from the war

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
CNN presents the news better then FOX because they done choose what they show.
CNN is appealing to a world auidence, whereas FOX is purley American.

owoodley

Can any news really be taken seriously though? I mean, they are multi-billion dollar companies feeding the masses. Like they are going to tell us exactly what's going on. News corporations tell us all we need to know, not what we want/should know.... that's why we have to break away and find our own news! It's awazing the different truths you find, reading reports from other nations etc. For example, does anyone consider how the Afgani people are feeling at the moment?? Of course not, they're sweet now!! America set them up with capitalism AND anarchy, and are now busy with Iraq.... damn Afgani's!! They had their 5min of fame!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The best news is non commercial such as ABC and SBS. However, you have to remember that news bulletins are essentually the same... think of a recent event e.g. the security guard shooting the guy.... the story has been covered pretty much the same way by all the news outlets. However, when you are looking for analysis, when you get in to the how and why factors rather than the who when where and what, that is when bias is really a problem.....

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
i don't have foxtel, but going on their website is really addictive, cos it's so bloody hilarious.

angry white men spewing hatred etc at anything that is left of dubya. and it's passed on as news.

oh and they have a section called "only on fox" where they rail about racism against white people, about among other things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)