• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

frankenstein & blade runner techniques (1 Viewer)

hasdhil

HSC
I need some help finding techniques in both the texts, Frankenstein and Blade Runner, about the consequences of rejecting God and the reason they made the monster and replicants??

Thank you :)

whsldofkh

HSC
I too would love to know some techniques. (Our teacher isn't very informative beyond Module B, and even decided it was a good idea to go overseas for 2 weeks and come back 2 days before exams. YAY FAILURE.)

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I need some help finding techniques in both the texts, Frankenstein and Blade Runner, about the consequences of rejecting God and the reason they made the monster and replicants??

Thank you :)
- Roy killing his maker Tyrell is a broader metaphor of the context of the time of 'Blade Runner', of a God being killed by humanity
- Victor Frankenstein wanted to,' Pour a torrent of light onto our dark world'.
- Eldon Tyrell said 'Commerce is our goal'. He did so in his room that Ridley Scott modelled on the Pope's bedroom. Ironically, although he wears glasses he cannot see the negative consequences of his actions
- Frankenstein says at the end of Frankenstein,' How much happier is the man who believes his native town to be the world than he who aspires to become greater than his knowledge will allow', the juxtaposition of himself and many of his fellow human beings who dared not to embark on such pursuits, hits home Mary Shelley's message.
- Even the monster says,' How dare you sport thus with life!' to Frankenstein. And at the end asks a rhetorical question,' Am I to be considered the only criminal when all humankind sinned against me?'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)