• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Frankenstien/Bladerunner essay: A generic approach vs a unusual approach? (1 Viewer)

13abie

HSC
Ok so if you structure your essay/speech thematically the big themes are generally variations of

science and technology
what it means to be human

but what do you guys think about a more unusual approach, at least in school assesments. Im at north sydney boys high school and we have 170 kids doing advanced english. Do you think its worth my while to attempt to disucss the more unsual themes like religion, role of women etc?

Also in a 40min exam should I tackle 2 themes in extreme detail, or 3 in moderate detail. Im leaning towards three once again for the differentiation factor.

Thx for your help.

theone111

HSC
N/A
It could be a good idea. And only this sect. of the forum is dead

To be honest, I think it is a really good idea. Especially when teachers are marking the same crap over and over.
So i say go for it! They are valid themes anyway.

And 2 or 3 is good. As long as you do both well! Id rather do 2 in depth than 3.

Im doing the same texts so I can relate, dont worry.

rawrence

HSC
I just did my assessment before the term ended, what I did was that I talked about technocracy and religious overtaking by man's misguided overreaching. They were relatively different themes to everyone else and it kind of felt that it was a nice change from everyone else's theme. I'll update on how I went but really, the markers need to be objective, they can't base their mark on how many of the same one's they've done, so either way would be fine.

My opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)