• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Frats and Societies (1 Viewer)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Which frats and societies exist at which Uni's

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
natstar said:
none..they are American
If u take a look in the Usyd forum, u will find many mentionings of these societies and frats, i also think i remember hearing about these frats/societies call them what u will as being around for at least 20 years

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
They're not frats in the true American College sense...they're generally just clubs, or groups of people, interested in the same thing (eg, medievil society, engineering frat, japanese club, whatever)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
They're not frats in the true American College sense...they're generally just clubs, or groups of people, interested in the same thing (eg, medievil society, engineering frat, japanese club, whatever)

clubs that ppl never turn up2 because they dont have the time or they have better things to do...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
true...although, im seriously contemplating joining the engineering boys...free beer, hell yeah!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
No a fraternity is a group of college students (specifically in the USA) that are basically a "support" network (ie parties and alcohol), it is often characterised by them owning a building upon uni land and often supported by former fraternity members.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Sounds good, does anyone know where u can find out more abut these, are they through Student Association

malkin86

HSC
on the uni website, there will often be a list - try typing clubs or societies into the site search. of course, for the activeness of these clubs, you do need to talk to people.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Newcastle has an engineering frat which sounds good. The other night, they took 6 kegs into a lecture theatre. They also have heaps of other barbecue/beer orientated activities.

Chang

HSC
Id join any frat where the members are encouraged to take off lectures to go and do other things if you know wot i mean. Currently at my campus (UWS, Campbelltown), me and one of my friends are already close to this, wanting to leave a lecture early to go to the shops and bum around.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Chang said:
Id join any frat where the members are encouraged to take off lectures to go and do other things if you know wot i mean. Currently at my campus (UWS, Campbelltown), me and one of my friends are already close to this, wanting to leave a lecture early to go to the shops and bum around.

Ugh yea, great mentality. I am sure you will be at uni a long time, plenty of time for you to bum around.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Chang said:
If u are going to wag, whats the point in going to uni, there are ppl who really wanted to go that didnt make it in, how is that fair that u got in but wanna wag

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Oh yes. A frat. Joy.

And here's me thinking that when I left highschool I would have to leave behind the mindset that trys to garner respect and 'fit in' with a bunch of equally immature prats by not studying and drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

My prayers have been answered. Hooray.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hfis said:
Oh yes. A frat. Joy.

And here's me thinking that when I left highschool I would have to leave behind the mindset that trys to garner respect and 'fit in' with a bunch of equally immature prats by not studying and drinking copious amounts of alcohol.

My prayers have been answered. Hooray.
Were do u get the impression i want a frat just to have piss ups, and not study, huh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)