• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Free HSC Science Q&A and HSC study & exam tips (1 Viewer)

swimfast

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,

My name is Tim Mason; in 2012 I received a perfect ATAR, topped the state in Biology and came 7th in Physics. Since then, I've started a tutoring company called Top Marks Education. We provide holiday and term courses in Physics, Chemistry and Biology to help students get great marks like I did.

HOWEVER, I haven't forgotten how helpful free online resources from here and elsewhere were to me during my HSC, so when we updated our website, I made sure that we were giving back to current students with free resources on top of the courses we teach. So, I'm here to tell you about two services we're providing for free to all HSC students as my way of saying thank you for all the help that got me through my studies.

Firstly, we have a free online Q&A for science subjects. That means you ask a question at the link there, and myself or another of our tutors will answer it as soon as possible (usually within 48hrs). You can even take a picture directly from a past paper and post it there. We'll give the answer to the question and explain how we got to it too. Unfortunately, I'm a science guy and won't be able to help with other subjects, but if you're super keen for resources in other subjects, let me know at tdmason@topmarksed.com and if there's enough demand, I'll do my best to accommodate you too.

Secondly, both during and since my HSC I've thought deeply about study and exam techniques and how to turn great knowledge and understanding into great marks. I've started putting these ideas on paper and you can read the articles I've written (and some from our other tutors) at our blog. These are mostly relevant to science subjects but hopefully will be useful to other students too.

I sincerely hope everyone finds these useful and I'd love to know if there's anything else we can do to make the HSC that little bit easier.

Kind Regards,

Timothy Mason
General Manager
Top Marks Education

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)