French at Open High Q? (1 Viewer)

slowjam10

HSC
Hey, i was just wondering what is it like to study french at Open High, i really wanted to do French for the Hsc but my school dosen't offer it. I studied Japenese in yr 7 and really loved it even though i would have rathered to have done french, I even tried to continue on with Japanese but nobody else wanted to do it so yeah. Anyways i was wondering how do the fees for Open High work becuase i go to a Catholic school which it says cost $800 per yr and for a Governemnt school it says $100 for the whole course, (what a joke isn't that a bit discriminatory) also who pays the moeny is it me or my school, becuase if its my school ...well i doubt they are ever going to pay. Oh and do you think its too late to enrol, my school might get shitty with me and are most of the people who do Begginers French actually French, becuase im not French ..lol.

If i dont end up doing French, i wouldnt mind tecahing myself on the side so do you know of any good textbooks or other resources. Thanks

Any help would be greatly appreciated:):)

loveforever

HSC
I'm doing French Ext at OHS. I hope my advice is helpful!

i was just wondering what is it like to study french at Open High
I'm sure people have already said this to you, but it's definitely true that you have to be motivated and pretty organised to study a language through OHS. It's really easy to fall behind because its not like there's a teacher right there telling you what to do. In my experiences, the teachers have always been approachable and willing to help.

Anyways i was wondering how do the fees for Open High work becuase i go to a Catholic school which it says cost $800 per yr and for a Governemnt school it says $100 for the whole course, (what a joke isn't that a bit discriminatory) also who pays the moeny is it me or my school, becuase if its my school ...well i doubt they are ever going to pay.
Yeah, if you go to a private school you have to pay higher fees, and it's you that pays them, not your school.

do you think its too late to enrol
I think you were meant to enrol at the end of last year, but I'm not sure. It's still definitely worth a try.

are most of the people who do Begginers French actually French, becuase im not French
In Beginners, I doubt there would be anyone French in your class - all the native speakers should be doing Continuers.

mandathepanda

HSC
From memory,the closing date for OHS applications is around november or october,however it still wouldn't hurt to have a look at their website to check :(www.theopenhs-d.schools.nsw.edu.au/ )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)