French Begginners (1 Viewer)

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, I am about to start my french beginners course very soon apparently. Are there any useful notes and resources that may be helppful for this subject?

Shuuya

HSC
Hi guys, I am about to start my french beginners course very soon apparently. Are there any useful notes and resources that may be helppful for this subject?
I thought you were thinking of doing PDHPE instead? :haha:

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
I re picked up French begginers , as I couldn't stand biology and longer ( but yeah I was actually considering pdhpe , but I don't want to learn it anymore as well hah )

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
This is final though I will not be considering anything else

crowley926

HSC
You're doing through Open HS right? make sure to have a read of their additional materials and grammatical explanations and actually work through your packages regularly

Anything in French will be useful so just do heaps of wide reading/watching - French books (bookdepository has some and free shipping too- go for like harry potter in french or something), magazines or newspapers if you can get your hands on them, French News on SBS (8:30am i think), French movies (if u have netflix just use Hola unblocker to access from France), duolingo also has this translation feature where u translate french texts to english so that could be useful as well

music: https://radio.adelaide.edu.au/program/un-air-de-france/ this is also good, just click on Listen Again, otherwise just youtube french songs or download french radio apps

Dictionaries: wordreference is really good and obvs try to stay away from google translate, http://www.linternaute.com/dictionnaire/fr/recherche/synonyme/ and this website is good for synonyms

Also, just keep working through and practising and be consistent! :)

edit: wait jokes if you are doing through Open HS you can borrow some of their french magazines (maybe newspapers too)

Last edited:

drsabz101

HSC
N/A
Thankyou for the tips! Yes I am doing it via Open High:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)