French Beginners (1 Viewer)

HSC
How did everyone go? Was it okay?

I'm the only one doing French and my supervisor was very chatty so I wasn't worried at all. I tried my hardest to stretch it out to 2 hours but I can't help feeling that the French exam time is ridiculously long because I read every question twice before I even started, I checked my answers five times at the end and drew two pictures of palm trees to go with my letter about New Caledonia and yet I still had 35minutes to go...

tehqueenisdead

HSC
I think I went ridiculously bad thanks to the teacher we had this year teaching us nothing. The highest marks in the class have been sitting at about 50% all year. She's just incompetent.

But yeah, I do think the test goes far too long.

sophieadele

HSC
Yeah I agree it went for faaaaar too long. I finished at least 30 mins early.
I think the written exam was ok...I struggled a bit with the listening cos there was so much noise outside the classroom we did it in! Luckily the examiner took that into account, she wrote it down so hopefully the markers will take that into consideration.
Over all i found it no harder than the previous exam papers, although what was that question in the listening about that girl organinsing the surprise birthday (I think it was)??? I was like what the hell because she said so much...and i swear she said something about travelling to Africa! Did anybody else pick up on that or am I completely wrong?

HSC
Yes I know what you mean...one of the questions for the listening, the text went on for so long I missed where the answer was.

April2101

HSC
yeah i wrote in the columns too, it always helps. anyways i heard that sum1 was goin 2 africa too. all in all i thnk it was an alright exam, exacly wat expected. oh what about the third redingn i think it was sumfin about the two meetin in prison! but i didnt understand why or how........blah b oh n i left about 1 hour early lol

usanameisgay

HSC
The listening was alryt, a few tricky ones! The one about the surprise party, was, well i thought, her father was going to africa, and she and her mother had organised a surprise party, so then had to change the booking and notify all the people she'd invited.
That reading passage with Marrianne and Patrick was the hardest one, the others were fine. I thought Patrick was a poilceman and decided to switch from doing prison work, to helping out in the community. woops. lol.

Ive always found the french exams too long. I got out half an hour early in this one, and i checked everything about a million times.
The writing questions were very good. Nice and simple, what i like to see!

And i always always write in the column for notes in listening. it always helps as i forget the first things i hear after a few seconds!!

Last edited:

michelle88

HSC
Yeh, I thought the exam was really good. Most of the listening was pretty straight forward, i found the hardest one to be about the tour de france coming to paris, was she saying stuff about pollution it caused in the streets??
My whole class finished early as well, but we weren't allowed to leave. Overall i thought it was a good paper.

blueyez

HSC
what was the last reading question about? government building new houses or something? i was so confused. apart from that i thought it was alright. i finished early as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)