• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

French Speaking Exams HSC Dates 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Meh. They better not ask some fucked up shit...

chepas

HSC
melsc said:
french continuers but I also have Italian Beginners
Hey melsc, at least your Italian and French ones don't clash! I remember last year counselling you on this issue when us 04ers were still under the knife's edge :D.

A week apart Fr Cont and Ital Beg. You will feel like dying in between. My German and Franco ones were a week apart, then Fr Ext was a week after those two (or a few days after Cont - but still a lot of days!), and it was hell waiting..

Just to make you feel better!

Anyway, at least you all now have something to aim for. A goal, a good thing to have!

malkin86

HSC
HellVeN said:
Meh. They better not ask some ...
Oh no, they'll do that. :chainsaw: They like to ask semi-philosophical questions... One girl I know said Britney Spears was her favourite singer, and she got asked What did she think about Britney's attitude to marriage?? What the heck? :p

See the Practice Speaking thread for some actual, shitty, questions that they have asked the 04ers.

(on another note, eee! the chainsaw similie is back! :chainsaw: )

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
malkin86 said:
Oh no, they'll do that. :chainsaw: They like to ask semi-philosophical questions... One girl I know said Britney Spears was her favourite singer, and she got asked What did she think about Britney's attitude to marriage?? What the heck? :p

See the Practice Speaking thread for some actual, shitty, questions that they have asked the 04ers.

(on another note, eee! the chainsaw similie is back! :chainsaw: )
Wow lol, the lesson here is don't mention Britney Spears!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
malkin86 said:
One girl I know said Britney Spears was her favourite singer, and she got asked What did she think about Britney's attitude to marriage?? What the heck?

HAHHAHA! That's cruel!! :D

Any opportunity they take to change the direction. I remember clearly. *shudder*

chepas

HSC
Re Britney question/'shit': AH Yes looked up for that style of 'shit' by all means!!!

Not to scare people, but if you leave yourself open for it, you might get asked some very Extension like questions. Again, it depends on how your examiner is. As much as they preach 'quality assurance' (they have random people going around actually sitting in on the actual speaking exams making sure there's a 'standard' amongst the examiners), and 'equality' assurance, the examiner you get is still very pot luck. I remember one of my friends telling me that she got asked after saying she was Croatian "Qu'est-ce que tu penses de la situation politique des Balkans?" or soemthing demanding a rather involved response... WHAT THE... A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

belleree98

Is there anyone else who does French continuers and Italian continuers? Because the dates for the oral are exactly the same. Isn't that a little strange?

chepas

HSC
Yes, contact the board ASAP.

I knew quite a few people who had that - two lang oral exams at the same time - and somehow it got fixed, like, they sent an examiner to the one venue to do that person or something.

But one thing - contact the board NOW! :p. It gives them time to screw around and be red tape about it all.

belleree98

chepas said:
Yes, contact the board ASAP.

I knew quite a few people who had that - two lang oral exams at the same time - and somehow it got fixed, like, they sent an examiner to the one venue to do that person or something.

But one thing - contact the board NOW! :p. It gives them time to screw around and be red tape about it all.

But isn't it strange? I mean we have to be there from like the morning to 4 pm ish - you never know when it's your turn really you have to wait around all day. So how can I be in two places at once? Also...I can't do two lang oral exams on the same day :cry: I will be SOO confused. I'll be saying "parce que" in the italian oral instead of "perche"

*stresses*

You'd think that there would be heaps of ppl doing more than one language! Hellllo!! and normally in the past italian was weeks before the french.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
usually not alot of people do two continuers courses a few people like me @ my skool do one beginners on continuers...it will all work out if u contact the board

and abt saying Italian words in French exam and the other way I have done that many times esp when they had the both on the same day BLAH...I always say Si instead of Oui or Tres instead of molto :)

chepas

HSC
belleree98 said:
But isn't it strange? I mean we have to be there from like the morning to 4 pm ish - you never know when it's your turn really you have to wait around all day. So how can I be in two places at once? Also...I can't do two lang oral exams on the same day :cry: I will be SOO confused. I'll be saying "parce que" in the italian oral instead of "perche"

*stresses*

You'd think that there would be heaps of ppl doing more than one language! Hellllo!! and normally in the past italian was weeks before the french.
Re actual time of your exam: Perhaps a source that could DEstress you is the fact that, in the two-three weeks leading up to your exam, BOS will actually send you a letter confirming the date of your exam. In that letter will also be the time of the session in which you will have your exam. So, you'd get like e.g.

Date: Saturday, 18th October 2005 (dunno if that's right btw! Just guessing)
Venue: Ravenswood School for Girls
Time: 11.00am

More general info nowish
The students continuers convo exams are usually divided into sessions, so that it stems the flow. So MAKE SURE YOU GET THERE VEEEERY EARLY SO YOU CAN GET IN THE QUEUE EARLY, HENCE GET IT DONE EARLY!!!! Ie, if you get 11am for a session, get there at 10ish!!! French - BILLIONS of people do it (metro Syd anyway!), and for the sessions, it is first come first serve. If you want to avoid a bit of stress, it's a good thing hehe.

So to actually answer your question (!), no, you won't have to be there for the whol 9-4pm thing. It might work out that you have your French at 9am at X School and then your Italian at Y School at 2pm, and that the schools are very close to each other. (If the Lord is good and your heart is pure, karma will be on your side, in that respect!). But all the same, phone BOS!

Re confusing words between two languages: OMG you poor souls. I thought doing French and German was bad (did Frenchw ords in German ALL the time), but god, doing two Romance languages it must be argh!

belleree98

Yes chepas two romance languages is hell on earth lol

Especially when I'm doing french ext and I've been to france and I have a better french teacher so my italian sucks in comparison! Plus one of my italian teachers taught me french for 3 years so when we do speaking I have to ask for another teacher to avoid confusion.

As for contacting the BOS - I will as soon as possible. bientot!

chepas

HSC
melsc re 'si: Gosh that must be hell confusing especially concerning the French usage of 'si' :D. You also have your pseudo-faux amis 'pour que' and 'perché' etc. Are genders of words at least the same! Ain't the case with German, and if you get the gender wrong in German you have dire consequences...

belleree: De rien ;). Hopefully you won't have too much trouble. Nipping it in the bud early is good so, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)