• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

friggin bastards (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, dont you hate some people?
namely those that have a piece of your work for 3 weeks and dont get it marked?
ok, let me backtrack. we did reports for bio, and handed them in in week 6, so they had week 7, two weeks of hols, and the start of this week to get them marked. anyways, the two lab helper peoples managed to get their 2/3's of the class done, but the demonstrator didnt mark his 1/3.
so now 2/3's of the class have feedback on how to improve for the next report (due next week) and the remaining 1/3 (which im in) have nothing to go on.
mind you, this report, i threw up in the holidays stressing about it.

great i say!! :rolleyes:
:chainsaw:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that is slack, very slack, they should either give them all back or none, not half. an assessment is not worth making yourself literally sick over

sunny

meh.
HSC
Continually bother the demonstrator, and take it up to the lecturer in charge if its really bad.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
i think its a bio thing...:rolleyes:
my microbiology lect. didn't hand back rpt1... but we still handed in rpt2... now she has BOTH rpts unmarked...and we're handing in rpt3 nxt week.. :(
i think you should become a parasite in his life!!

Collin

HSC
N/A
AHAHAA we're doing the same thing in Bio, a report due this week, handed in last week.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
that's not really fair... ur demostrator need to go hehehehe :chainsaw: ;) u now wut i mean =)

but the 2/3 students would get an unfair advantage, cuz the demostrator's laziness... complain to him/her... if no reply wut so eva, complain to src, let them do the job...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sunny
Continually bother the demonstrator, and take it up to the lecturer in charge if its really bad.
hes the first year lab co-ordinator! where else can i go? unless the course co-ordinator...

Originally posted by eLmo
i think its a bio thing...:rolleyes:
my microbiology lect. didn't hand back rpt1... but we still handed in rpt2... now she has BOTH rpts unmarked...and we're handing in rpt3 nxt week.. :(
i think you should become a parasite in his life!!
thats the same thing that happenned to me, micro was report 1, we handed that in, then report 2 (ecotox) so none of us had any feedback for that, and then 2/3 get feedback for report 3 (fermentation) and i get nothing.
im planning on being a total parasite!
lol, i heard that what he does, if you whinge you deserve a better mark, he takes it back 'remarks' it and takes 5 marks off saying that he was too generous the first time...so im a bit scared to be too annoying!

Originally posted by xiao1985
that's not really fair... ur demostrator need to go hehehehe :chainsaw: ;) u now wut i mean =)

but the 2/3 students would get an unfair advantage, cuz the demostrator's laziness... complain to him/her... if no reply wut so eva, complain to src, let them do the job...
lol i would love to :chainsaw: this dude at the best of times, esp. now!!
and the 2/3 do get an unfair advantage. it sucks.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
First of all - file a complaint ~~ This will get him/her cracking on the marking section!!

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
This report, I threw up in the holidays stressing about it.
University isnt worth stressing over!!

santaslayer

HSC
Isn't there suppose to be some uni policy about handing back assessments within 7 working days or something?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Snapwizard
First of all - file a complaint ~~ This will get him/her cracking on the marking section!!
University isnt worth stressing over!!
1) filing a complaint would just make this guy even more evil than he already is
2) i HAVE to stress this year, otherwise i wont do well enough to get my transfer and without my transfer, i am screwed.

Originally posted by santaslayer
Isn't there suppose to be some uni policy about handing back assessments within 7 working days or something?
really? i might have to check out my unis website then....although it woulda been hard with the holidays to get them back to us (and we didnt have any labs in the last week)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
A point of advice some stress will be the work done but too much stress and not enough relaxation will screw you over in the long term!! Dont wear yourself out before the finals!!

Try to read a marked report the looks simialr to your style and work from that!!

They probably do but its not like they have to follow it!! Uni lectures and tutes are such blugers!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
overall or her uni? because at my uni that is certainly not true

santaslayer

HSC
oh alright...sorry, crap suggestion...maybe im confuzzling it with the hsc.....coz in the hsc, it said 7 working days...

im gonna go look up the uow site, coZ i remember reading something about it on pdf....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)