• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

from arts to comm (1 Viewer)

deano059

HSC
If i fall short of usyd's commerce/arts or just commerce by two points,

can i do the new course B ARTS (PYSCHOLOGY) OR
B SOCIO LEGAL STUDIES

both of which are part of the Arts faculty, and then tranfer into commerce/arts, or, are would i need to begin doing just 'arts' in order to get credit for comm/arts when tranferring?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
deano059 said:
If i fall short of usyd's commerce/arts or just commerce by two points,

can i do the new course B ARTS (PYSCHOLOGY) OR
B SOCIO LEGAL STUDIES

both of which are part of the Arts faculty, and then tranfer into commerce/arts, or, are would i need to begin doing just 'arts' in order to get credit for comm/arts when tranferring?
You could transfer from either and still get credit, you'll just have more or less credit awarded depending on how similar the subjects you do in your original degree are to the subjects you'd need to be doing in the degree you want to transfer to. From the look of those degrees you'd probably recieve a fair amount of credit, though certainly not any extra than would be awarded through a normal BA at USYD (which has a cut-off that is usually lower).

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
If you did arts then transfered into arts/commerce you would get credit for units in the arts component but not the commerce one but it would be fine because you would catch up easily by taking more commerce units as you would be ahead in the arts subjects (most likely), you might get credit for socio legal studies depending on the subjects but at least as electives I hope that make sense.But this is the sort of thing you can ask the uni or look at the program of study on the website :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)