• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Frontline - whoever holds the power tries to own the truth? (1 Viewer)

elisabeth

HSC
"Whoever holds the power tries to own the truth"

Write a persuasive article...

It's due tomorrow, please help! I'm not sure what parts of which episodes I should be writing it, how to start or conclude it or anything... :/

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
well people simply try to force the truth unto others through the use of power.
i know the egyptian pharoahs and others in the ancient times used force to make their people worship them. They used force to issue the idea of themselves as dieties.

do u need to allude to novels and other text types?

or talk about the US and their "ur either with us or ur with the terrorists" slogan

alien

HSC
i loved this topic (i'm weird)
but now i can't watch current affairs news at all
anyway, pick the two episodes that you know best or can link to the question best. and the one's with related texts.
then write out like 4 techniques (eg. dialogue, staire) and examples, or just 4 examples of 2 or 3 techniques, that can be linked to your thesis paragraph (definition where you write your thesis/what you're going to support in the paragraph). then do the same for your related texts, and link them to the episode.
if you have the time/are bothered use 3 episodes (you only need 2 if they're done really well). but make sure your thesis paragraph supports the question. and that your episode paragraphs in the main body support the thesis therefore support the question.
so you start with the thesis paragraph.
then have your episode paragraphs. with your related texts with them.
then conclude by sort of tieing the thesis and episodes together, mention techniques etc.
i think i did the siege and we ain't got dames for one of my essays, then add sex and stir and playing the ego card for the hsc. it really depends on what you know well at the time.

elisabeth

HSC
Thanks Alien :)

So far I've written a bit on:

- Mike's sweatshop story and how Brian manipulated it
- Smaller fish to fry: how the execs won't let the story on the bank fraud run
- The siege: how Brian controls what makes the final cut (eg. student = psychology 'professor')

Any ideas on what how I could link Bowling for Columbine to that as related material?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)