• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Full-time work, Part-time uni - Who's done it? (1 Viewer)

Acid

HSC
Ive been offered a cool full-time job that i'd love to take up, but I still want to continue my Commerce degree in the evenings.

Has anyone here tried to do this before? I would be working from 9-5 Mon-Fri and doing two subjects at Uni. I don't plan on going to many lectures (I haven't been going to them under a full-time degree anyway), but I want to attend all tutorials.

Is the workload bearable? Do you still have a social life? Would you recommend it?

All comments welcome.

ediisjoz

HSC
brother.

My brother does it.. he is in 2nd year Commerce Accounting @ Macquarie, he has a cadetship with an accounting firm, hours - 8:30am-5:00pm - monday to friday, still has a social life and the work load is bearable. believe me... it is very bearable.. and with not so many subjects he only goes 2 nights a week... if that.. but yeh.. it's good to have the income he rekons.. neway.. that's all.

X

xeuyrawp

In my forth year, I'll be working full-time, hopefully.

My honours seminars are at night, and my post-grad subjects are too.

I'll let you know then ;)

sunny

meh.
HSC
I did it this session and will be doing it next session as well. It all really depends on the subjects you do - most full time work won't cut into your personal/uni time. Just be prepared to give all your spare time to uni after work if the subjects you are doing will take up time.

sunny

meh.
HSC
When you do a double degree you will be doing the same number of units per session as people on a single degree...so there shouldn't be a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)