• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

funny?? (1 Viewer)

baby_b

Banned
ok so what are some things uve learnt tha you find funny.. wether it be fact a news report a new word etc.?

for example.. in legal studies today... we had this article on the new changes to the legislation on AVO's.

There was a story on a guy who put an AVO against his wife which he was divorcing and out of hate for doing that she murdered him and cooked his head in a pot with gravy and vegetables... lol... true story

or my english teacher... is bastardisation a word?

astro

HSC
the murder thing wasn't realy funny at all...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
yes, bastardisation is a word.

astro: simple minds easily amused.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Odd how those things happen.

In one of my Early Medieval Europe lectures, an allegedly 'funny' story was told.. This consisting of Clovis (Frankish ruler c.481-511) regretting that none of his family members were alive...So that he could kill them again. Many people laughed. I stared at my classmates.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Ancient History is excellent for such funny learnings. Do Greek drama: 'I will not take up the lion-on-a-cheese-grater position.' Lysistrata, Aristophanes.

Greek drama's also good for masogynistic comments. (I'm a girl, btw, so I'm not promoting sexism or anything.) It's funny the arguments I get into cos of Ancient. Plus my teacher knows all the best weird stuff to say. :D

No, stories about murders aren't really very funny...

It's funny, though, how I learn more about English when I'm learning Japanese than I do in English lessons...

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Slide Rule
Well, in extension mathematics today, my teacher showed us a proof for the acute angle between two lines, and I cracked up laughing.
read his post in forum meetups :D Its just about as funny as this one

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by baby_b
ok so what are some things uve learnt tha you find funny.. wether it be fact a news report a new word etc.?

for example.. in legal studies today... we had this article on the new changes to the legislation on AVO's.

There was a story on a guy who put an AVO against his wife which he was divorcing and out of hate for doing that she murdered him and cooked his head in a pot with gravy and vegetables... lol... true story

or my english teacher... is bastardisation a word?
tool

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by Slide Rule
Well, in extension mathematics today, my teacher showed us a proof for the acute angle between two lines, and I cracked up laughing.
you sad sad child.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Originally posted by baby_b

you know... a thing like that happened in a town 5 minutes from where i live, except more explicit... and it really wasn't funny...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)