• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

gah (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I quit worrying about my UAI and whether Im gonna get in or not ... cos I know Im not... now Im worried about getting into TAFE... I applied ages ago as a 'just in case' thing. Turns out the College I made it into won't qualify me for the uni course that I need so now its off to TAFE I go...

What are the chances of not getting into TAFE? Y'know what I mean? Like its hard to get into Uni cos its based on UAI etc etc but how hard is it to qualify for TAFE? Particularly the Certificate IV in Digital Media.... can anyone help me?

Thanx

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
flipsyde said:
I quit worrying about my UAI and whether Im gonna get in or not ... cos I know Im not... now Im worried about getting into TAFE... I applied ages ago as a 'just in case' thing. Turns out the College I made it into won't qualify me for the uni course that I need so now its off to TAFE I go...

What are the chances of not getting into TAFE? Y'know what I mean? Like its hard to get into Uni cos its based on UAI etc etc but how hard is it to qualify for TAFE? Particularly the Certificate IV in Digital Media.... can anyone help me?

Thanx
Depends on the campus, depends on the course. Digital Media usually fills up quickly though, seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

The cert IV is an application course so I hope you applied and sat for the interviews/portfolio presentations etc. If not get in touch with the campus where you are planning on doing it and ask if they are still accepting late applications, chances are they will.
http://www.tafensw.edu.au/cgi-rdb/r...URSE_TO?VCOURSE_NO=7872&MODE=H&PRINTVER_IND=N

So hang on, you applied for TAFE ages ago but the campus you got into won't qualify you for a uni course? how does that work? are you sure it wasn't the course you were planning on doing that was the problem?

Callistogenic

HSC
Leftrightout said:
The cert IV is an application course so I hope you applied and sat for the interviews/portfolio presentations etc. If not get in touch with the campus where you are planning on doing it and ask if they are still accepting late applications, chances are they will.
Yes, its an application course, but we didn't need to sit an interview or portfolio viewing this year. TAFE NSW put this in as an 'optional' component, obviously, if the amount of applicants and quality of them was high.

I posted another thread about the email that James Preston the program leader sent to me, and all other applicants going to Hornsby at least, and you can still apply. They welcome it. I'd try it.

Good luck.

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
LeftrightOut said:
So hang on, you applied for TAFE ages ago but the campus you got into won't qualify you for a uni course? how does that work? are you sure it wasn't the course you were planning on doing that was the problem?
No it wasa college that wont qulify me... are all TAFE courses AQF?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
flipsyde said:
No it wasa college that wont qulify me... are all TAFE courses AQF?
Yes all public TAFE courses are delivered under AQF/AQTF standards and the qualifications you end up with must be recognised by other RTOs that operate under the same standards.

dreamcaster said:
I posted another thread about the email that James Preston the program leader sent to me, and all other applicants going to Hornsby at least, and you can still apply. They welcome it. I'd try it.
Yes the interviews and portfolios depend on the campus you apply to, each campus can decide if they want to do interviews/portfolios or not. I've seen some have entry exams to ensure people meet the required level of computer knowledge as some people apply for a Cert IV in digital media and have no understanding of how to use a computer at all.

TAFE always welcomes people to apply even if it's past a cut off as you can get put on waiting lists and usually if a spot opens up in the first few weeks of teaching they will pull people in to fill the spots.

Callistogenic

HSC
Leftrightout said:
I've seen some have entry exams to ensure people meet the required level of computer knowledge as some people apply for a Cert IV in digital media and have no understanding of how to use a computer at all.
Entry exams? BRING IT ON!!
lol. That's funny because its true. Some people obviously just look at bottom lines for professions without even considering the fact that they need to be good at computers. (A designer working with DM gets something like $120K a year.)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
dreamcaster said:
Entry exams? BRING IT ON!!
lol. That's funny because its true. Some people obviously just look at bottom lines for professions without even considering the fact that they need to be good at computers. (A designer working with DM gets something like $120K a year.)
Indeed .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)