• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

gay/bisexual (1 Viewer)

billstery

HSC
Why do some gay people insist they're bisexual when people ask?
Especially the ones who have never been with a girl and never intend to (most of them).

This always puzzled and annoyed me

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Cause it's always difficult to be 100 percent sure of your sexuality so it's easier to say your an inbetween than straight or gay.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
they probably say it to feel like they fit in or something. instead of liking just one sex they probably would think you'd judge them so they say both

K

khorne

I think it's more to do with the fact many bisexuals generally prefer one gender over the other...So some "gay" people might consider themselves bisexuals who favour men more than women.

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Well personally, I hate labelling myself as gay.. just didn't sit well with me...but I don't say bisexual though. If you don't want to label yourself like that, just say you don't...you can always say that you prefers guys, girls or whatever if you don't want to classify yourself...it's probably different for other people though.

philphie

Banned
HSC
Well personally, I hate labelling myself as gay.. just didn't sit well with me...but I don't say bisexual though. If you don't want to label yourself like that, just say you don't...you can always say that you prefers guys, girls or whatever if you don't want to classify yourself...it's probably different for other people though.
that sounds reasonable, it's not like straight people go around saying i'm heterosexual

meeatu

HSC
I disagree with people saying that gay guys do it because there are les connotations attatched to being 'bi' personally, untill proven otherwise, I hold bisexuals to be pretentious and greedy - not on all that much foundation, but I can't help it.

I myself have called myself bi on a few occasions, but to me, it was simply a matter of liking to be open to anything life throws at me: My own, slightly less pretentious way of calling myself pansexual (or whatever the one I'm thinking of is called).

It was being converted in my head from a simple question of "What gender person do you actually like to have sex with" into a question of how open to anything new/frowned upon I was, thus (despite only ever being with 2 girls in my life, 1 of which I was not even remotely attracted to - In comparison to many, many guys) I claimed myself to be bisexual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)