general bio exam questions (1 Viewer)

GromReaper

HSC
Let's see...for my hypothesis, I wrote that the enzymes work best in the temperatures at which the bacteria was found, and designed an experiment with the bacteria working with the substrate at 10 degrees, 20, 30, etc...all the way to 90, and said to measure the amount of gas produced at each stage.

I thought it was a pretty decent attempt, considering my mind was a total blank for 5 minutes after reading the question.

[Edit: 90, not 50 you idiot.]

Last edited:

jazmine1129

thats a good idea....i couldnt think of crap. i did a very similar experiment but the hypothosis was something like "enzymes from bacteria x have a wider range of activity"

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
We are one, but we are many, and from all, the schools in NSW we come. We share a subject, and hate it with one voice.

I am, you are, a bloody stupid fool for doing biology.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i was a fool. i didnt read the bit that said ONE of ph or temp. i ended up doing tempersture after crossing out pH but didnt specify in my hypothesis enough.grrrrrrrrr. i said that enzymes operate optimally at specific conditions. i also extracted the enzyme from the bacterium and kept my variables controlled etc. i also forgot repetition and only tested the enzymes 20 below and above the conditions found in and at the conditions found in.

i guess i shouldnt lose too many marks though. this is the question im most worried about. it appears i did well in communication and got 15 for multis so alround its not too bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)