General Questions About University. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, I can't believe I just got accepted into Newcastle University, I thought I had no chance but admittedly it is the course with the lowest UAI cut-off, Bachelor of Information Science. So I'm just wondering when you choose your major and minor studies? Do you have to do that before you go to University on the first day or do you just turn up? Also, what day does University start? Another question, do you think I could transfer to Bachelor of Business next year if I go well this year? They have related subjects I think and if I do transfer, will I have to start at first year Business or go straight to second year Business? Thanks for any help:).

David27

Look up your undergraduate faculty handbook before you enrol. Otherwise you'll be there for hours while people fumble about with what they'll pick and bank up the horrendous queues, If your luck, they''ll be an express line for those who know what they're doing and you'll get out of there quick smart. The alternate is to just show up unprepared and pay the price od waiting hours in line.
AT UNSW, a couple of years ago, I asked why there wasn't an express lane , and the lecturer at the table thought-what a good idea! Like, they should of thought of that before! I hope they instituted it.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Thanks guys for your help. So there is no chance that I can get into second year business next year? I looked in the UAC 2004 Guide and there are a few common studies in the courses:

Bachelor of Business

Major Studies:

e-business
industrial relations and human resource management
international business
management
marketing

Minor Studies:

accounting
computing
economics
finance
law
mathematics
modern languages
philosophy
politics
psychology
statistics

Bachelor of Information Science

Major Studies:

information systems
accounting
human resources and organisational change
marketing and electronic commerce
software development
statistics

Minor Studies:

economics
management
mathematics
modern languages
philosophy
politics
psychology

As you can see management is a major study in a Bachelor of Business while a minor study in Bachelor of Information Science.

Accounting is a minor study in a Bachelor of Business while a major study in Bachelor of Information Science.

Economics is a minor study in each degree.

Mathematics is a minor study in each degree.

Modern languages is a minor study in each degree.

Philosophy is a minor study in each degree.

Politics is a minor study in each degree.

Psychology is a minor study in each degree.

:)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
hmm, dude

I only see STAT1050 and IRHR1110 overlapping with business.
Really, where are you getting that information from? They must have changed it from when they issued the UAC guide:(.

santaslayer

HSC
u can still transfer but u will need to catch up on what u missed, which is very impractical

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
Uni starts on the 21st/22nd for UNCLE... O-week is from the Monday the 16th onwards
Hey Cyph, I think I read somewhere that Law students start on the 16th.. but that's O-week. Did I misread something? Do Law students start at the same time as everyone else?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Damn:mad:! Thanks anyway Cyph:).

Originally posted by santaslayer
u can still transfer but u will need to catch up on what u missed, which is very impractical
Do you mean transfer to first or second year Business? I don't care if it is impractical, as long as it is possible. I took it easy the last few years and am determined to work hard next year:).

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
eBusiness (EBUS1010) is in a business degree isnt it? Cos i had friends doing civil eng/business and they had to do EBUS

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
eBusiness (EBUS1010) is in a business degree isnt it? Cos i had friends doing civil eng/business and they had to do EBUS
Yes it is and I had it written down above:

Bachelor of Business

Major Studies:

e-business
industrial relations and human resource management
international business
management
marketing
:)

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
oh, i thought it was under Information science as well my bad:)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
hey i wana transfer into b Business next year too, but i gotta do it externally
What do you mean by externally:confused:?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
i got into UWS and i wana transfer to newcastle. So that means transferring externally. U want to transfer to a different course in the same uni dont u? That means u wana transfer internally
Oh, I understand now. Do you think you will be accepted into second year Business next year at Newcastle or first year Business:)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)