Votes: 44 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Other express views below

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters

gabn

HSC
I would like an over all general opinun of the exam, was it just hard or too much english based ? etc...

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
There wasn't too much chemistry involved with the 7 mark question in shipwrecks. I had to twist the question around to include it.

Overall it was pretty good. Took me by surprise how there wasn't anything on esters, fermentation, batteries, salvaging shipwrecks, titration....blah blah blah :)

Now i can't remember what WAS in it. Too much acids for my liking though.

VVoody

Nothing better to do ^_^
HSC
I liked it, mainly because I couldn't be bothered learning the equation (I'm an idiot - I know). I think large amount of 'comprehension' questions were there to sort the people who knew the course from the people who knew the course well. It rewarded people who knew things that weren't specifically specified in the syllabus but were needed to achieve full marks

(anyone mention that aluminium oxide was amphoteric in the ocide question or was it just me....) <-- that's the sort of stuff I'm talking about

sub

bad test...but was ok in some parts...lotsa stuff left uncovered. the 7 marker on ozone was a gift :) hopefully i did it rite.

industrial was SHIT and then some :vcross:
the "where do i make a plant" q was random...so much to rite, sp cos the wording limited what u thought u had to rite...the multiple choice q wordings also sucked

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
VVoody....that av is very distracting. I'm getting a headache just looking at it! Grr....:)

L45er

Booyakasha
HSC
VVoody said:
(anyone mention that aluminium oxide was amphoteric in the ocide question or was it just me....) <-- that's the sort of stuff I'm talking about
Yeah, sure did. Even went further, stating the five amphiprotic metals (Al, Zn, Pb, Sn and Be) and the oxides of non-metals which aren't acidic (CO, N2O etc.)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
not a bad exam but i thought it focused on really strange parts of the syallbus and it seemed to miss out alot of issues... there were alot of questions that it couldve asked but didnt.. i dunno whether i liked it or not. it was a strange exam and was definitely different to any past paper i attempted.. smeh its done now! YAY!

lucyinthehole

mazza_728 said:
not a bad exam but i thought it focused on really strange parts of the syallbus and it seemed to miss out alot of issues... there were alot of questions that it couldve asked but didnt.. i dunno whether i liked it or not. it was a strange exam and was definitely different to any past paper i attempted.. smeh its done now! YAY!
yeah, i feel kinda the same

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
it had ups and downs - there were some good questions like the 7 mark cfc question, that was nice and easy :D, but it missed out a lot of the stuff i studied for, like biopolymers and only one nuclear question, which kinda pissed me off a bit :mad:

natalie22

on the whole it was an okish exam
forensic chem option was nasty stuff
mc- some were a bit iffy..others really good n obvious
short answers- some good, some bad
it had its ups and downs..but every1 from my skool agreed the hardest part was our option topic...fools i told them we shoulda done biochemistry ;)

what i find amusing is that in all these forums 25% of ppl think they've gotten a band 6...hmm isnt that stat just a tad high since last yr only 6% got a band 6...hehe maybe we r just a super bright bunch of kids!! i dunno ill b happy with my 50% thanks!

cheers

faction

If i had did a lil bit more study or do work in class i think i would have aced this test....lol but alot of stuff was missing from it not alot of pracs or anything...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)